Thump, Thump, thump...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 am

A new release is on its way, it will be PhoenixOS BlackHawk Release Candidate. It has the look and feel of a finshied "Linspire" OS. This will hopefully turn into a final very quickly since internal testing has shown no bugs. However; I would like the PhoenixOS community here to test it really good before that happens. Thanks for your support and hope you enjoy the upcoming release.

Special thanks to my good friend John (Tekmate) for helping me with this release. . .

Ray... What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 am

Internal testing has went great on this release! Waiting on one more tester's results, and this tester is a surprise "PhoenixOS User Alumni"!

I might be releasing this earlier than April 15th since all is going so well!

Ray What a Face

Just for clarification, YES the user bug is fixed in this release Very Happy
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Bob3 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm

Admin wrote:... YES the user bug is fixed in this release Very Happy
WHAT!!!!?
No more BOB? now I gotta punch in my own name????? Twisted Evil
avatar
Bob3

Posts : 176
Points : 201
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Bob3 wrote:
Admin wrote:... YES the user bug is fixed in this release Very Happy
WHAT!!!!?
No more BOB? now I gotta punch in my own name????? Twisted Evil

It will be tough remembering to type Bob instead of Bob but I'm willing to bet you can handle it. alien
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:21 pm

ISO is being uploaded now, so should be available soon. Those who have the final iso in their possession, feel free to distribute, and thanks again for all your support! We finally have a stable final, with user bug fixed!

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Bob3 on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Admin wrote:... with user bug fixed!

Ray What a Face
Ummm... Ray, mine still says "bob" Twisted Evil
avatar
Bob3

Posts : 176
Points : 201
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:30 pm

Bob3 wrote:
Admin wrote:... with user bug fixed!

Ray What a Face
Ummm... Ray, mine still says "bob" Twisted Evil

Hehehe thats no fair, your name is bob! Shocked

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

PhoenixOS BlackHawk Lucid Final

Post  S3Indiana on Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:37 am

PhoenixOS BlackHawk Lucid Final
404 - Not Found
avatar
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 66
Points : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 56
Location : Sorrento Hills, San Diego, Ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:52 am

S3Indiana wrote:PhoenixOS BlackHawk Lucid Final
404 - Not Found

This is a new ISO.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:29 am

S3Indiana wrote:PhoenixOS BlackHawk Lucid Final
404 - Not Found

Ken!! Hi there, long time no see! How you been?

The iso is still uploading it has roughly 14 hours to go. Over here downloads are fast 14, but uploads or .50: pitiful.

Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  S3Indiana on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Admin wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:PhoenixOS BlackHawk Lucid Final
404 - Not Found

The iso is still uploading it has roughly 14 hours to go. Over here downloads are fast 14, but uploads or .50: pitiful.
Sorry, interpreted available soon as sometime that day. Again sorry, no rush...
avatar
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 66
Points : 67
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 56
Location : Sorrento Hills, San Diego, Ca

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  old tech on Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Man I can hear a pin drop.
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Enjoy!

Its now available on the R.A.C. Computers website

http://raccomputers.com/phoenixos.html

Ray

P.S. Live login is phoenix no password and to invoke installer just pick installer from menu.

avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  old tech on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:50 am

Pretty nice. Two things,

1 Mouse: most Linux OS's my Logitech goes to fast at default moving the mouse 1 inch takes the cursor clear across the screen. Its very fast. If I go into settings I have to turn it down to 1 the slowest. That's tolerable. I have several Logitech mice and they all do that. Even in Klikit I have to turn the speed all the way down. The problem iswhen I go to install it its hard to hold the cursor still. This is not your fault but I though you might shine some light on it.

2 It didn't pick up my video card nvidia 6200 but most don't. I am afraid to install the nvidia driver because every time I do that it won't boot anymore.
However it looked great. It said it was 640x 480. It looked like it was a lot higher than that.My default is 1900x1080.
Great work though. I lost my first game of Mahjong I didn't like that. Embarassed
I think it's a seller.
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Ray on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 am

Not sure what happened to my initial reply - probably never hit submit - anyway, installed as a vm using Vmware Workstation 7.1.4, looks very good although a couple of initial problems:

1. Google Earth starts, goes to initialising, and then disappears into the ether. This happens from both the desktop icon and the menu entry.

2. Still can't get my Epson TX600FW to work, there is a print driver available for it, listed on avasys.jp I presume this would be ok to install?? This printer prints correctly on a PClinuxOS Enlightenment system although I have no idea on how to find which driver it uses.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:13 am

Ray I think the Google earth problem may be due to running it in a VM. It definitely launches on both physical boxes that I have tried. Anyone else seeing the Google earth issue?
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:55 am

old tech wrote:Pretty nice. Two things,

1 Mouse: most Linux OS's my Logitech goes to fast at default moving the mouse 1 inch takes the cursor clear across the screen. Its very fast. If I go into settings I have to turn it down to 1 the slowest. That's tolerable. I have several Logitech mice and they all do that. Even in Klikit I have to turn the speed all the way down. The problem iswhen I go to install it its hard to hold the cursor still. This is not your fault but I though you might shine some light on it.

2 It didn't pick up my video card nvidia 6200 but most don't. I am afraid to install the nvidia driver because every time I do that it won't boot anymore.
However it looked great. It said it was 640x 480. It looked like it was a lot higher than that.My default is 1900x1080.
Great work though. I lost my first game of Mahjong I didn't like that. Embarassed
I think it's a seller.

The mouse settings I can't really do anything about: I have tried to fix that but nothing works; but to go into settings and turn it down to 1 like you are doing.

This release has a lot of custom drivers, so it should pick up more hardware. If your happy with it the way it is, leave it. If you want nvidia; just enable it in restricted drivers and you must have an internet connection. Reboot, worse case scenario you have to reinstall PhoenixOS.
I will add mahjong to the list remind me; this is a final but it wouldn't be too much work to include some updates and release a 2nd final.

Glad you liked it!

Ray.. What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:59 am

Ray wrote:Not sure what happened to my initial reply - probably never hit submit - anyway, installed as a vm using Vmware Workstation 7.1.4, looks very good although a couple of initial problems:

1. Google Earth starts, goes to initialising, and then disappears into the ether. This happens from both the desktop icon and the menu entry.

2. Still can't get my Epson TX600FW to work, there is a print driver available for it, listed on avasys.jp I presume this would be ok to install?? This printer prints correctly on a PClinuxOS Enlightenment system although I have no idea on how to find which driver it uses.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)

Google earth will not work in VMware, I have tried on numerous occassions on 4 different machines and it will not work. I have no clue why, but it works on any computer I install it too, and you obviously have to enable any video drivers in restricted driver to get full acceleration as I am pretty sure it uses opengl.

Epson driver i compiled the latest epson drivers in that release. I will look into that model to see if there is something I can do on my end to fix your problem.

Hope you liked this release and as you probably noticed user bug is fixed.

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 am

jpisini wrote:Ray I think the Google earth problem may be due to running it in a VM. It definitely launches on both physical boxes that I have tried. Anyone else seeing the Google earth issue?

Yup doesnt work on any vmware boxes here, only physical boxes that have it installed. Live mode wont work, because you need the video drivers installed cuz it uses opengl.

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Should probably mention this uses the PAE kernel so people with a 64bit CPU and more than 4gb of RAM will see the full amount. Older systems Pentium M and older won't work with this release.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  old tech on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:25 pm

RAY Mahjong is just fine.
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Ray on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanks, I figured that the vm was causing the Google Earth problem, my printer problem I'm not so sure about. From my searching it appears that there is a driver for the TX600FW from Gutenprint, checking Synaptic it appears that Gutenprint is installed, it's supposed to be integrated with Cups but neither the printer or scanner work. Simple scan recognises the unit as a Workforce 600, which is correct as far as I know, but displays a message: "error communicating with the scanner."

I'll do some more research.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Ray does the printer/scanner work in any other distros? If yes can you tell me which ones maybe I can see what they are doing different that may give us some clues to get yours going.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Ray wrote:Thanks, I figured that the vm was causing the Google Earth problem, my printer problem I'm not so sure about. From my searching it appears that there is a driver for the TX600FW from Gutenprint, checking Synaptic it appears that Gutenprint is installed, it's supposed to be integrated with Cups but neither the printer or scanner work. Simple scan recognises the unit as a Workforce 600, which is correct as far as I know, but displays a message: "error communicating with the scanner."

I'll do some more research.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)

I have a Workforce 600 in the shop and tried it got the same error. I installed image scan and it now works flawlessly. I will try to make another iso including mahjong, image scan for the epson, and anything else that crops up that I may have missed.

In the meantime if you want to try the image scan now instead of waiting like I did, here it is printer driver and scan utility:

http://linux.avasys.jp/drivers/lsb/epson-inkjet/stable/debian/dists/lsb3.2/main/binary-i386/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.0.2-1lsb3.2_i386.deb


Let me know if this works for you; if you need help I can be reached on skype or yahoo, just let me know. I have printing and scanning working here flawlessly so rest assured it can be done easily.

Tekmate is also available to help, hes been a BIG help thru this release.

Ray...




avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  old tech on Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:26 pm

Ray .....Mahjong is already working on this version. I already played it. Unless you have another version of Mahjong also.
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum