Thump, Thump, thump...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Ray on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the info that the avasys link works I'll give it a try. I have been experimenting with Tekmates Trinity and installed Google Earth via Synaptic and it runs Google Earth reasonably well (a little slowly wth only 1GB emory) using Opengl.

Ray

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Ray on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Ray wrote:Thanks, I figured that the vm was causing the Google Earth problem, my printer problem I'm not so sure about. From my searching it appears that there is a driver for the TX600FW from Gutenprint, checking Synaptic it appears that Gutenprint is installed, it's supposed to be integrated with Cups but neither the printer or scanner work. Simple scan recognises the unit as a Workforce 600, which is correct as far as I know, but displays a message: "error communicating with the scanner."

I'll do some more research.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)

I have a Workforce 600 in the shop and tried it got the same error. I installed image scan and it now works flawlessly. I will try to make another iso including mahjong, image scan for the epson, and anything else that crops up that I may have missed.

In the meantime if you want to try the image scan now instead of waiting like I did, here it is printer driver and scan utility:

http://linux.avasys.jp/drivers/lsb/epson-inkjet/stable/debian/dists/lsb3.2/main/binary-i386/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr_1.0.2-1lsb3.2_i386.deb


Let me know if this works for you; if you need help I can be reached on skype or yahoo, just let me know. I have printing and scanning working here flawlessly so rest assured it can be done easily.

Tekmate is also available to help, hes been a BIG help thru this release.

Ray...
Ray,

I have downloaded and installed this but where do I find image scan, doesn't appear in any of my menus or am I looking at this incorrectly...............

Ray

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:02 pm

[quote="Ray"][quote="Admin"]
Ray wrote:Thanks, I figured that the vm was causing the Google Earth problem, my printer problem I'm not so sure about. From my searching it appears that there is a driver for the TX600FW from Gutenprint, checking Synaptic it appears that Gutenprint is installed, it's supposed to be integrated with Cups but neither the printer or scanner work. Simple scan recognises the unit as a Workforce 600, which is correct as far as I know, but displays a message: "error communicating with the scanner."

I'll do some more research.

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)


Here you go:

http://www.avasys.jp/lx-bin2/linux_e/spc/DL2.do

Very good scanner program!

Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:09 am

Ray wrote:Thanks for the info that the avasys link works I'll give it a try. I have been experimenting with Tekmates Trinity and installed Google Earth via Synaptic and it runs Google Earth reasonably well (a little slowly wth only 1GB emory) using Opengl.

Ray

Well if it works with Tekmates trinity, in vmware it must not like the pae kernel, I will do another PhoenixOS Final for people with Older Pentiums/and vmware easy fix. Then Ill add the epson drivers and image scan while I'm at it.

Ray Exclamation
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  StanTheMan on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:45 pm

My system - HP Pavilion AMD64 , 3 GB RAM

-PCI Devices-
RAM memory : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller
ISA bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge
SMBus : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SMBus
RAM memory : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller
USB Controller : nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller
USB Controller : nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge
Audio device : nVidia Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 IDE
Bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge
VGA compatible controller : nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430]
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
FireWire (IEEE 1394) : Agere Systems FW322/323
Communication controller : Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k Data/Fax Modem

I have downloaded phoenixosBH411.iso , twice and burned same twice but same results. Cannot start installer.
In graphis boot options I get as far as the " xbmc " logo and flashing dots , then stalls.
In Text mode option I get " stdin error 0 "

I dual boot with several Debian and Ubuntu based distros with Win 7 .

Sorry did not post sooner , but I can not get installer to work.



StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  LinuXFroG on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Admin Ray,
Well, I dl'd the newest Lucid, took my ralink USB adapter and stuck it in my daughter's laptop, disabled the onboard wan in the BIOS, so it would see the ralink and loaded it up in Live. Well, it sees the ralink, but will not use it to connect.

I then unplugged the ralink, waited 1 minute, then plugged it back in. It still sees it, but will not use it.

On another note: No matter what I try, it always loads in safe graphics mode. The laptop has an onboard nvidia.
avatar
LinuXFroG

Posts : 249
Points : 275
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-27
Age : 71
Location : Southern California

View user profile http://froggyslinks.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:40 pm

StanTheMan wrote:My system - HP Pavilion AMD64 , 3 GB RAM

-PCI Devices-
RAM memory : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller
ISA bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 LPC Bridge
SMBus : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SMBus
RAM memory : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Memory Controller
USB Controller : nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller
USB Controller : nVidia Corporation MCP61 USB Controller
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI bridge
Audio device : nVidia Corporation MCP61 High Definition Audio
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 IDE
Bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller
IDE interface : nVidia Corporation MCP61 SATA Controller
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge
PCI bridge : nVidia Corporation MCP61 PCI Express bridge
VGA compatible controller : nVidia Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430]
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
Host bridge : Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control
FireWire (IEEE 1394) : Agere Systems FW322/323
Communication controller : Conexant Systems, Inc. HSF 56k Data/Fax Modem

I have downloaded phoenixosBH411.iso , twice and burned same twice but same results. Cannot start installer.
In graphis boot options I get as far as the " xbmc " logo and flashing dots , then stalls.
In Text mode option I get " stdin error 0 "

I dual boot with several Debian and Ubuntu based distros with Win 7 .

Sorry did not post sooner , but I can not get installer to work.



Im working on another final; for people that have older pentiums; even though you dont fit this criteria it may end up working for you.

Send me a prepaid mailer with blank dvd and I will send it to you.

Ray Very Happy
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:41 pm

LinuXFroG wrote:Admin Ray,
Well, I dl'd the newest Lucid, took my ralink USB adapter and stuck it in my daughter's laptop, disabled the onboard wan in the BIOS, so it would see the ralink and loaded it up in Live. Well, it sees the ralink, but will not use it to connect.

I then unplugged the ralink, waited 1 minute, then plugged it back in. It still sees it, but will not use it.

On another note: No matter what I try, it always loads in safe graphics mode. The laptop has an onboard nvidia.

Ok thanks I will look into it.

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  jpisini on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:19 am

StanTheMan try booting with the nomodeset option at boot.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:26 am

Im thinking of doing another final for other chipsets, but I want to be sure I have testers. I am finding that when people have problems instead of reporting the problems and letting me work on a solution they just go to another distro and it makes it hard for me to fix the problems. So this is the plan:

If I can get 5 people to commit to testing the 2nd final, and willing to hd install it and report the bugs if any and work with me on fixing them; I will do the 2nd final. If I cant get 5 people to commit then I will not do it. Sound fair?



Ray

What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  LinuXFroG on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 pm

I would be willing, but I will need to talk to my daughter and see if it will be ok with her first.
avatar
LinuXFroG

Posts : 249
Points : 275
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-27
Age : 71
Location : Southern California

View user profile http://froggyslinks.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Bob3 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:06 pm

I have that new Lenovo here, plus I have my "White Russianed" Linksys wrt54g super-router here to plug into it.

Got the Minis here too, internal wireless not working at present.
I'll do a look-see to find out what type & chipset they have (unless you remember).

Also just ordered a new
USB adapter with a Ralink RT3070 chipset.
avatar
Bob3

Posts : 176
Points : 201
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  StanTheMan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:13 pm

jpisini .
I tried that option too, but still won't start installer.

Ray Admin. I have spare test partitions already for an install any time. I am ready t dowload a new ISO any time.



Last edited by StanTheMan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Ray on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:16 pm

Admin Ray,

You can count me in to test your new iso, got several spare disks and loads of space on my Vmware Workstation.

Ray

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flash Plugin

Post  Ray on Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Admin Ray,

Still checking my vm Phoenix system and the following problem is repeatable for me, everytime so far Very Happy I have been checking out some of the new honeycomb tablets and as usual there are quite a few youtube videos, the problem is:

Start the video and then switch it to Full Screen, the screen turns white, no further action, the Esc key seems to eventually bring back the message that the Flash Plugin has crashed and Firefox need to be shutdown to correct the problem. No big deal because the video screens in it's normal mode.

I must confess that it is certainly the easiest Linux to use and even as a vm the sound works correctly. Just need to try to get my printer working and I'll probably use it as a main system. I'll check out one of my other printers, an Epson R230 and see how that goes.

Ray

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

dood to go with the Ralink

Post  Bob3 on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:22 pm

The Ralink RT3070 chipset is working good on the Lenovo after doing the updates & installing ndiswrapper & wifi radar.
avatar
Bob3

Posts : 176
Points : 201
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-02-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Deffi on Tue May 03, 2011 11:04 am

Sorry I have not posted before - Easter duties, visitors and family business.

I achieved a good download and burn first time. Black Hawk installed live but will not connect with the web (not WiFi). All the correct numbers are found and the sys tray shows the eth0 connected. Have not found how to change Nvidia setting yet. As ever shows 60Hz and nvidia usually sets 50Hz when installed to give correct graphics on my box.

I will investigate further.

David
avatar
Deffi

Posts : 106
Points : 126
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-30
Age : 76
Location : UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  RevJack on Mon May 09, 2011 9:47 am

I have an AMD Athelon II tricore processor and ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card/chipset and running thePhoenixOS BlackHawk final in live mode I get an error message saying the system will boot into low graphics mode because it doesn't support my NVIDIA card (which I do not have on this system). I click "ok" and then given some options, one of which is to restartx, so I choose that and am taken to a graphical log in screen but can't log in. I consistently get login failure.
avatar
RevJack

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 62
Location : Oklahoma City, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon May 09, 2011 3:46 pm

RevJack wrote:I have an AMD Athelon II tricore processor and ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card/chipset and running thePhoenixOS BlackHawk final in live mode I get an error message saying the system will boot into low graphics mode because it doesn't support my NVIDIA card (which I do not have on this system). I click "ok" and then given some options, one of which is to restartx, so I choose that and am taken to a graphical log in screen but can't log in. I consistently get login failure.

Try to let it run in safe mode one time and it should boot fine then you can proceed to install, which is from installer in menu or "kdesu ubiquity"

If your on yahoo or skype i can walk you thru it.

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  RevJack on Mon May 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Sorry, Ray, but no matter what I do, I can't get past the error messages I previously mentioned. I even tried the option to go into the installer directly and still got the errors. For some reason, Phoenix seems to think I have an NVIDIA card which I do not.
avatar
RevJack

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 62
Location : Oklahoma City, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Admin on Mon May 09, 2011 6:32 pm

RevJack wrote:Sorry, Ray, but no matter what I do, I can't get past the error messages I previously mentioned. I even tried the option to go into the installer directly and still got the errors. For some reason, Phoenix seems to think I have an NVIDIA card which I do not.

Hmm let me check into this and see if I can figure whats going on, in the mean time I have another final im working on, if you want to send a prepaid mailer with blank dvd i can put it on, and could use another tester!

Ray What a Face
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  RevJack on Mon May 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Ok
avatar
RevJack

Posts : 21
Points : 21
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-28
Age : 62
Location : Oklahoma City, OK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump, Thump, thump...

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum