Autologin not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Autologin not working

Post  bobd13045 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm

Ray,

I have checked autologin in setting up the install on test hard drive on my desktop computer for the PhoenixOS (final release), but I have to still enter my password to login. How can I fix this? Would this version work on my netbook? I would like to run this on
my netbook.

thanks for all your efforts,
Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autologin not working

Post  Admin on Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:00 pm

bobd13045 wrote:Ray,

I have checked autologin in setting up the install on test hard drive on my desktop computer for the PhoenixOS (final release), but I have to still enter my password to login. How can I fix this? Would this version work on my netbook? I would like to run this on
my netbook.

thanks for all your efforts,
Bob

I was not aware of this, I will check it for you. I have it installed on a dell mini, so should work flawlessly.

Ray..
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

testing

Post  bobd13045 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Great, I have a Dell Mini 9. :-) It only has a 16GB SSD. Right now I'm running Ubuntu 11.4 UNR Beta on it.

Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Testing a Dell Mini 9

Post  bobd13045 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Ray,

Did you check out the wireless connection on your Dell Mini.
What program did you use to set up your wireless connection?

Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autologin not working

Post  bobd13045 on Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:03 pm

bobd13045 wrote:Ray,

Did you check out the wireless connection on your Dell Mini?
What program did you use to set up your wireless connection?

Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autologin not working

Post  jpisini on Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:55 pm

You may have to switch to wicd to run the wireless on the mini.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Testing a Dell Mini 9

Post  bobd13045 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:37 am

Installing the "Final" version of Phoenix on my Dell Mini 9 right now. May the force be with me :-) I have to work this morning after 9. Will report back this afternoon about the install results.

Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Testing Dell Mini 9

Post  bobd13045 on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:33 pm

Was able to establish a wireless connection with my dell Mini 9.

Would like to have the autologin feature fixed.

Bob
avatar
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Posts : 165
Points : 221
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Cortland, NY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autologin not working

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

bobd13045 wrote:Was able to establish a wireless connection with my dell Mini 9.

Would like to have the autologin feature fixed.

Bob

Ill work on it for you, I apologize: wasn't aware of that problem till you told me. Gimme a few days to fire it up and if your on yahoo Ill walk you thru it; probably an easy fix.

Glad the wifi worked great, my dell mini worked flawlessly too.

Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Autologin not working

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum