Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:23 am

PhoenixOS Lucid Final is here: enjoy!

Please let me know how it works for you, feedback at this time is critical so I know if its final or release candidate! Thanks again for all your support!



Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  StanTheMan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 pm

Now downloading ISO at 900 Kb/s . Should have download complete in ttwenty minutes. Will post back later.

StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  StanTheMan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Download complete and image burn complete.

Install process will not start . Error - - -

" system information disabled due to load higher than 2.0 "

My machine is HP Paviion AMD64 with 2 GB RAM , and available Swap partition 2 GB .


StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  jpisini on Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:47 pm

Does it boot to the live environment?
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  StanTheMan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:29 pm

No.

Starts with the standard PhoenixOS boot choice menu.
Regardless if I choose Live or straight Install , it gives the Phoenix loading log, then goes to CLI prompt ,proceeded wit the above Error.


StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  old tech on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:48 pm

I have it downloaded will try it out in a bit. I downloaded it at 620 kb/s
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Ray on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:32 am

This release would appear to be Phoenix RC2 with Amarok replaced by Clementine and Limewire removed. What on earth was the point of wasting time on this rehash????

Ray

_________________
(The other Ray from NZ)
avatar
Ray

Posts : 169
Points : 189
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:03 pm

Ray wrote:This release would appear to be Phoenix RC2 with Amarok replaced by Clementine and Limewire removed. What on earth was the point of wasting time on this rehash????

Ray

There were several kde3 bugs in RC2 and as well as the user bug and nvidia bug which are all fixed now. Then after I did that decided to remove limewire since its useless now since its been under court order, and added Clementine.
The point of doing this was to have a final for Lucid with bugs fixed. I will be uploading another version which will replace Karmic: It will be a release candidate based on Debian Squeeze, just have to take care of a few more bugs in it before uploading.

Sorry, what I think I will do in future versions is make a "Change Log" so people will realize the bug fixes and improvements and not think its some kind of rehash.

Ray...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:16 pm

StanTheMan wrote:No.

Starts with the standard PhoenixOS boot choice menu.
Regardless if I choose Live or straight Install , it gives the Phoenix loading log, then goes to CLI prompt ,proceeded wit the above Error.


I'm gonna ask John to redo it without the pae kernel. I suspect your machine does not like the pae kernel.

Give me a few days to get a non-pae version whipped up for you.

Ray..
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  StanTheMan on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Admin.

Okay.
I have several distros multi-booting. Have not had this speciic problem before.
I have Kubuntu 12.04 , Debian Wheezy (daily-build) , Fedora 16 , Linux-Mint 12KDE , Ubuntu 12.04 , and others insalled and runnijng at present.



StanTheMan

Posts : 79
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-01-29
Age : 97
Location : Kamloops BC Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:01 pm

StanTheMan wrote:Admin.

Okay.
I have several distros multi-booting. Have not had this speciic problem before.
I have Kubuntu 12.04 , Debian Wheezy (daily-build) , Fedora 16 , Linux-Mint 12KDE , Ubuntu 12.04 , and others insalled and runnijng at present.



The one thing that makes this build different is using the pae kernel which allows 32 bit OS to recognized ram over 4gb.

I will do a stock kernel one for you, I apologize about that.

Ray..
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  jpisini on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:49 pm

Admin wrote:

I'm gonna ask John to redo it without the pae kernel. I suspect your machine does not like the pae kernel.

Give me a few days to get a non-pae version whipped up for you.

Ray..

I'm short on time right now crazy at work and home. I will see if I can get to it this weekend but no promises.
avatar
jpisini
Admin

Posts : 392
Points : 436
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 48
Location : MA

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:28 pm

jpisini wrote:
Admin wrote:

I'm gonna ask John to redo it without the pae kernel. I suspect your machine does not like the pae kernel.

Give me a few days to get a non-pae version whipped up for you.

Ray..

I'm short on time right now crazy at work and home. I will see if I can get to it this weekend but no promises.

Ok I totally understand, not enough hours in the day! If I have some time this weekend I will try as well and hopefully between us it get pulled off. Thanks!

Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  old tech on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:58 pm

Ray My box ran it live with no show stoppers. I am using a Dell Optiplex 755 a couple of years old with a ASUS video card. I think its a 512mb
It came up in low graphics mode but so did Ubuntu.
Ray Thanks for your hard work.
avatar
old tech

Posts : 225
Points : 269
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 78
Location : Lansing, Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:01 pm

old tech wrote:Ray My box ran it live with no show stoppers. I am using a Dell Optiplex 755 a couple of years old with a ASUS video card. I think its a 512mb
It came up in low graphics mode but so did Ubuntu.
Ray Thanks for your hard work.

Great glad it worked. could you try installing it? You just have to right click run command and type kdesu ubiquity.

Thanks!


Ray...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lucid

Post  w8vfp on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:55 pm

I have run Lucid but have to run in low graphics. But when I was installing to the HD it failed to finish. I can still boot to Mint 11 and XP so will try again

w8vfp

Posts : 20
Points : 26
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 73
Location : Kingsville, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:04 pm

w8vfp wrote:I have run Lucid but have to run in low graphics. But when I was installing to the HD it failed to finish. I can still boot to Mint 11 and XP so will try again

oK let me know, thanks. Low gfx mode will always show up in live mode, but once its installed proper display will show up.

Ray
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

lucid installed

Post  w8vfp on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:53 pm

I have Lucid installed on the HD. I am using it to post this. Seems to be OK. It connected with the wireless network. Will use it to see how it works. Dave

w8vfp

Posts : 20
Points : 26
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-02-04
Age : 73
Location : Kingsville, Ohio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Admin on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:52 pm

w8vfp wrote:I have Lucid installed on the HD. I am using it to post this. Seems to be OK. It connected with the wireless network. Will use it to see how it works. Dave

Thanks!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 720
Points : 2642
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2010-01-28

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Thump Thump Thump! Its here.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum