PhoenixOS Forums

Community Forums for PhoenixOS


You are not connected. Please login or register

PhoenixOS Debian

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 PhoenixOS Debian on Wed May 23, 2012 1:54 pm

Admin


Admin
PhoenixOS Debian is done and released. I don't like the installer too much for newbies, as you have to create a swap partition of at least 1024 then a regular partition. Its a little technical. Something that I will try to simplify in future.

http://www.sidneyopensource.com/jpisini/phoenixosdeb.iso

Enjoy! User name is phoenix and pw is phoenix.


Ray..

Thanks to everyone who made this possible from the generous user that let us host the iso on his server to John who helped speed things up this release.

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

2 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Wed May 23, 2012 7:19 pm

jpisini


Admin
Thanks Ray. I really like this release and have been running its base for several months. I hope others do as well. Thanks for all the suggestions and testing that people have done.

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

3 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Thu May 24, 2012 11:32 am

I downloaded the phoenixosdeb.iso .
Download took about 5 hours at around 100 Kb.s
Burned image.

Installer starts with normal boot options.
Live , or Failsafe , error " invalid id on current kernel image :

Goes into a loop.

I tried a second image burn , but then exactly same result.

That is as far as I can get with this installer.

My machine is HP Pavilion with AMD64.
Have installed many Debian and Ubuntu and Redhat distros.

View user profile

4 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Thu May 24, 2012 12:42 pm

jpisini


Admin
What did you get for an MD5Sum? The correct one is 35573d1c32c6cd41f22148166a914cb0.
I built this on an HP AMD64 so I don't think architecture is the reason. What do you have for a video card? I tested on as many as I could but obviously that is only a drop in the bucket.

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

5 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Thu May 24, 2012 11:48 pm

I ran it in live and everything was ok however on closing it it locked up with Debian on the screen. I had to do a hard shut down.

View user profile

6 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Fri May 25, 2012 9:00 am

jpisini


Admin
old tech wrote:I ran it in live and everything was ok however on closing it it locked up with Debian on the screen. I had to do a hard shut down.

It won't do that once installed.

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

7 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 am

Admin


Admin
StanTheMan wrote:I downloaded the phoenixosdeb.iso .
Download took about 5 hours at around 100 Kb.s
Burned image.

Installer starts with normal boot options.
Live , or Failsafe , error " invalid id on current kernel image :

Goes into a loop.

I tried a second image burn , but then exactly same result.

That is as far as I can get with this installer.

My machine is HP Pavilion with AMD64.
Have installed many Debian and Ubuntu and Redhat distros.

Im not sure what the problem is as I tested it very intensively here. Hmm I have a precise version going up next week, can you test that one too and let me know how it goes.

Ray..

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

8 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Sat May 26, 2012 10:48 am

Admin


Admin
old tech wrote:I ran it in live and everything was ok however on closing it it locked up with Debian on the screen. I had to do a hard shut down.

Can you do a hard drive install and let me know if problem goes away, cuz once I installed it like John said never happened again.

Thanks

Ray...

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

9 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Admin wrote:PhoenixOS Debian is done and released. I don't like the installer too much for newbies, as you have to create a swap partition of at least 1024 then a regular partition. Its a little technical. Something that I will try to simplify in future.

http://www.sidneyopensource.com/jpisini/phoenixosdeb.iso

Enjoy! User name is phoenix and pw is phoenix.


Ray..

Thanks to everyone who made this possible from the generous user that let us host the iso on his server to John who helped speed things up this release.


Ray,

Thank you for all your effort. I spent the last month moving, but now that I'm kind of settled in I'm downloading and getting ready to test this out. Very Happy. I'll let you know my results.

View user profile

10 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Yea John was right it shuts down ok after installing it. So far its great,Thanks Ray

View user profile

11 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:02 pm

Is this KDE3? If not, do you have a plan for another KDE3 release? If you've already posted this elsewhere, I do apologize.

View user profile

12 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:21 pm

Does it work with NVIDIA cards out of the box?

View user profile

13 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:15 pm

RevJack wrote:Does it work with NVIDIA cards out of the box?

I don't know about all cards, but it worked with mine.

View user profile

14 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:02 am

It worked with my NVIDIA card also.

View user profile

15 Re: PhoenixOS Debian on Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:55 am

Ok, thanks!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum