PhoenixOS BlackHawk RC1 based on Precise LTS with 5 year support. KDE 4. Bug Report

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: PhoenixOS BlackHawk RC1 based on Precise LTS with 5 year support. KDE 4. Bug Report

Post  Ray on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:00 pm

As I mentioned in an earlier post I have been messing around with Superkaramba with a few problems here and there Very Happy

In the attached screenshot you will notice that the:

1. AMD processor line is duplicated although there is only one line in the script

2. That the CPU Frequency appears on 2 lines where there is only one script line.

Any Superkaramba devotees able to point me in the direction of how to prevent this from happening.

CPU Data

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PhoenixOS BlackHawk RC1 based on Precise LTS with 5 year support. KDE 4. Bug Report

Post  jpisini on Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

Is it a dual core? I have seen funny things with Superkaramba and CPU myself. Usually when it is looking for one type and you have another. I use a karamba theme built for dual core on an older single core laptop and it always shows two CPUs even though I have only one. The display is the same for both. I will have to start taking a closer look at the theme files it hasn't really bothered me enough to look at them in the past.
jpisini
Admin

View user profile http://cafecomputer.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray on Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:11 am

Still have a problem with the shutdown of my Phoenix vm, it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes to complete the shutdown. I have hunted around and checked man shutdown but can't find anything which allows me to print the shutdown process as a log so that I can check as to where the system is waiting for a process termination or user input which is slowing things down. My Pinguy 12.04 Gnome system shutdown occurs in about 20secs so it seems to be Phoenix specific.

Any clues??

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:22 am

Ray wrote:Still have a problem with the shutdown of my Phoenix vm, it takes anywhere from 2 to 4 minutes to complete the shutdown. I have hunted around and checked man shutdown but can't find anything which allows me to print the shutdown process as a log so that I can check as to where the system is waiting for a process termination or user input which is slowing things down. My Pinguy 12.04 Gnome system shutdown occurs in about 20secs so it seems to be Phoenix specific.

Any clues??

Ray

I have a lot of custom scripts in there, that help make the "out of box" experience like Linspire; that could possibly add more time: like maybe a minute or so; but doubt 4 minutes. I will look into it.

Ray... Very Happy
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:25 am

Very Important: If you want somethings added please let me know now.

I am making another build and these things are implemented:

Nvidia Update
Java Update
Adobe Flash Update
Printer Fix (Fingers crossed)
KDE Update

All Packages updated obviously. After this is done; providing everyone or the the majority is happy then I will try using zync for future releases: supposed to be easier and faster. We will see.

Again please let me know if you want anything else added or any bugs you noticed; so I can take care of it in this release. This release will be PhoenixOSfinalb.iso. Thanks.

Ray... Very Happy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:26 pm

Admin wrote:Very Important: If you want somethings added please let me know now.

Nvidia Update
Java Update
Adobe Flash Update
KDE Update

All Packages updated obviously. After this is done; providing everyone or the the majority is happy then I will try using zync for future releases: supposed to be easier and faster. We will see.

Again please let me know if you want anything else added or any bugs you noticed; so I can take care of it in this release. This release will be PhoenixOSfinalb.iso. Thanks.

Ray... Very Happy
Ray,

Not sure about this but when booting Phoenix (virtual machine) I do not get a grub menu where you can normally go back to a previus kernel, is this missing or is it jst my vm, I do get the grub menu on other vm's so it doesn't appear to be a 12.04 error.

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Ray wrote:
Admin wrote:Very Important: If you want somethings added please let me know now.

Nvidia Update
Java Update
Adobe Flash Update
KDE Update

Ray... Very Happy
Ray,

Not sure about this but when booting Phoenix (virtual machine) I do not get a grub menu where you can normally go back to a previus kernel, is this missing or is it jst my vm, I do get the grub menu on other vm's so it doesn't appear to be a 12.04 error.

Ray

There is a grub menu and usually you hit escape to invoke it. If you had older versions of kernels and suddenly your current kernel wouldn't boot: you could hit escape and pick an earlier version of kernel and it would boot.

Ray Very Happy
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ray on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks Ray, I'll try that on my next boot.

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Printer and Shutdown problems Solved

Post  Ray on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Ray,

I have finally tracked down the reason for my extremely slow shutdown process on Phoenix Final, felt a bit of a nitwit when I finally figured it out. As I mentioned in a pm my Peppermint system shuts down in less than 10secs and I couldn't figure out why my Phoenix was taking in excess of 2mins 30secs, however last night I was browsing my system and realised that I had created the Phoenix vm on a 2TB usb drive and it suddenly dawned on me that maybe that was the problem since my Peppermint system was on an attached drive, so this morning I copied my Phoenix onto a fixed drive, booted and then shutdown - time aprox 15secs.

Consider my Shutdown Problem solved

Following on from this momentous discovery I started to investigate my Printer Configuration problem, following on from some posts in the Arch Linux forum I started http://localhost:631 to obtain the Cups page and low and behold this recognised my Epson600FW network printer, I then added the printer, assigned the relevant Cups + Gutenprint data and then printed a picture to the newly found printer. Great stuff.

Consider my Printer Problems solved

This Phoenix is looking better all the time Very Happy

When 'finalb' is ready (how about Phoenix2012-10) I'll create the zsync details and post a 'how to update iso with zsync' much as I did for klikit. I presume that you will be able to upload to my site, John has the details.

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top