PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
w8vfp

usb in Phoenix os Empty usb in Phoenix os

Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:50 am
I have Phoenix 10-04 installed and running. But, I have to running Fldigi in root for the program to see the radio, for rig control. I have an Icom Ic 7200 that uses an usb cable for sound and rig control between the rig and computer. It uses a silicone laps usb to uart bridge controller. If I open it in terminal using sudo everything works but not as a user. This is common to all OS's base on ubuntu 10-04. The older ones work OK. How can I correct this problem?
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

usb in Phoenix os Empty Re: usb in Phoenix os

Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am
w8vfp wrote:I have Phoenix 10-04 installed and running. But, I have to running Fldigi in root for the program to see the radio, for rig control. I have an Icom Ic 7200 that uses an usb cable for sound and rig control between the rig and computer. It uses a silicone laps usb to uart bridge controller. If I open it in terminal using sudo everything works but not as a user. This is common to all OS's base on ubuntu 10-04. The older ones work OK. How can I correct this problem?

Let me and John look into this and see if we can come up with a solution. In the meantime we have a new release coming VERY SOON: I'd be curious if this new release would fix your problem? Would you be willing to try it out?

Ray.. Very Happy
w8vfp

usb in Phoenix os Empty New release

Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:24 pm
I would be willing to try it. The machine I would try it on is an old compaq sr 1620 with 2.5 g of ram. Need to get me a new laptop one of these days. Everything is getting old
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:31 pm
w8vfp wrote:I would be willing to try it. The machine I would try it on is an old compaq sr 1620 with 2.5 g of ram. Need to get me a new laptop one of these days. Everything is getting old

Ok its coming very soon: very possible today.

Ray...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum