I'd like to be a tester

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'd like to be a tester

Post  klloyd on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 am

Long time ago I was an insider... LONG LONG ago! I've read through many of the post, can see a new version coming... I still have the ISO's of one of the orginal versions of PhoenixOS! Back when you guys forgot to tell us what the user name was! As it went live with someones user name and password already installed... Ken I think. Been a while huh? Smile
I would like to be a tester if I could be. I've been using Mint for a long time. I have to switch. Getting board, need something to work with. I have everything from micro atx ion boards, laptops with great specs, several computers to try / test them on. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'm no programer, but I can read, fix most things, and post where and how I got it done, and the steps I took... if its in my very limited knowledge to do so. I've been on mint so long, Im very rusty!

Klloyd

klloyd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'd like to be a tester

Post  Ray on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:47 pm

klloyd wrote:Long time ago I was an insider... LONG LONG ago! I've read through many of the post, can see a new version coming... I still have the ISO's of one of the orginal versions of PhoenixOS! Back when you guys forgot to tell us what the user name was! As it went live with someones user name and password already installed... Ken I think. Been a while huh?  Smile
 I would like to be a tester if I could be. I've been using Mint for a long time. I have to switch. Getting board, need something to work with. I have everything from micro atx ion boards, laptops with great specs, several computers to try / test them on. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I'm no programer, but I can read, fix most things, and post where and how I got it done, and the steps I took... if its in my very limited knowledge to do so. I've been on mint so long, Im very rusty!

Klloyd
There is supposed to be a new version but it is anyone's guess as to when that might happen. Ray has mentioned several times about a new version but nothing has eventuated, one of the problems I am afraid of having a 'real life' and being the only developer of a 'niche program', probably not a really good situation to be in.

Ray

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  klloyd on Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 am

In any event, if you get something testable, alpha, or worse... I'd wipe a few drives to get it going...

klloyd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Ray wrote:
klloyd wrote:Long time ago I was an insider... LONG LONG ago! I've read through many of the post, can see a new version coming... I still have the ISO's of one of the orginal versions of PhoenixOS! Back when you guys forgot to tell us what the user name was! As it went live with someones user name and password already installed... Ken I think. Been a while huh?  Smile

Klloyd
There is supposed to be a new version but it is anyone's guess as to when that might happen. Ray has mentioned several times about a new version but nothing has eventuated, one of the problems I am afraid of having a 'real life' and being the only developer of a 'niche program', probably not a really good situation to be in.

Ray
HI I apologize for the long abscence. On top of those things you mentioned: I also had to fix two cars that had major problems in the little spare time I have. I am starting to fire up the latest build and have to make several updates, and John has been generous to add the PhoenixOS logo in other areas of the installer. In the Spirit of Linspire tradition, aiming for a holiday release: most likely Xmas. On the positive side I am working on acquiring the www.linspire.com domain from its current Chinese owners. Now if only I could get the rights to the Linspire name from Xandros: assuming there is a Xandros left.

Ray...
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:58 pm

klloyd wrote:In any event, if you get something testable, alpha, or worse... I'd wipe a few drives to get it going...
Super, your timing is awesome. Im working on a build now. Will keep you posted and thanks for your support.

Ray..
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bobd13045 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:
Ray wrote:

Klloyd

Ray
HI I apologize for the long abscence.  On top of those things you mentioned: I also had to fix two cars that had major problems in the little spare time I have.  I am starting to fire up the latest build and have to make several updates, and John has been generous to add the PhoenixOS logo in other areas of the installer.  In the Spirit of Linspire tradition, aiming for a holiday release: most likely Xmas.  On the positive side I am working on acquiring the www.linspire.com domain from its current Chinese owners.  Now if only I could get the rights to the Linspire name from Xandros: assuming there is a Xandros left.

Ray...
Ray

That would be great to acquire the Linspire domain and name! May the force be with you. Smile 

Bob
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:48 pm

bobd13045 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Ray wrote:

Klloyd

Ray
HI I apologize for the long abscence.  On top of those things you mentioned: I also had to fix two cars that had major problems in the little spare time I have.  I am starting to fire up the latest build and have to make several updates, and John has been generous to add the PhoenixOS logo in other areas of the installer.  In the Spirit of Linspire tradition, aiming for a holiday release: most likely Xmas.  On the positive side I am working on acquiring the www.linspire.com domain from its current Chinese owners.  Now if only I could get the rights to the Linspire name from Xandros: assuming there is a Xandros left.

Ray...
Ray

That would be great to acquire the Linspire domain and name! May the force be with you. Smile 

Bob
Thanks Bob!
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top