PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Bob3
Bob3

Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline... Empty Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline...

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:26 pm
I just got done installing a wireless router at my kid's in-law's place & was pointedly reminded why "customer service" help lines flat out suck. Mad
Out of 4 different "techs" I got 4 different sets of answers, from settings on the dsl modem, to passwords, to email servers. 4 different answers for the damn email servers!!! (which were different from the online posted server addies). Mad
I managed to get the wireless "working" to some extent, but it was slow - not sure if there was a "double NAT" issue or if it was just an issue with the service itself. (there was a recorded message to reboot/reset modems & routers before getting connected to a "real" person.) scratch
The modem manufacturer made "different" modems for different ISPs, all were different from each other even though they had the same model number. Suspect
I can't wait to get back to CA & my "plug & play" fiber optic lines!!!
I'll go take my meds now... Evil or Very Mad
jpisini
jpisini
Admin
http://cafecomputer.com

Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline... Empty Re: Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline...

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:19 pm
After spending over $20,000US on a program at work I spent over an hour and a half on line with someone who couldn't speak the same language I do. Mad

Today stunk!!
Bob3
Bob3

Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline... Empty Re: Why we don't call the "customer service" helpline...

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:11 pm
jpisini wrote:After spending over $20,000US on a program at work I spent over an hour and a half on line with someone who couldn't speak the same language I do. Mad

Today stunk!!
GEEZE! Sounds like we might've been talking to the same dang yahoos!!! Mad
Ya have me sympathy! Sad
Sponsored content