PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
StanTheMan

Finding download information - Page 2 Empty Re: Finding download information

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:02 am
That works. I have Flamehawk up and running.

Run ' ubiquity '
Automatic password ' intel '.

The User name I created in the standard Ubuntu install sequence did not save. There is an automatic User ' bob ' with password ' intel '
Now I have used Users&Groups to create my own UserName with Admin privileges , and have deleted the User ' bob ' .

Your Torrent system worked fine with download speed around 100 KB/s .
PGTips91
PGTips91
http://picasaweb.google.com/paulgtaylor91

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:37 am
StanTheMan wrote:That works. I have Flamehawk up and running.

Run ' ubiquity '
Automatic password ' intel '.

The User name I created in the standard Ubuntu install sequence did not save. There is an automatic User ' bob ' with password ' intel '
Now I have used Users&Groups to create my own UserName with Admin privileges , and have deleted the User ' bob ' .

Your Torrent system worked fine with download speed around 100 KB/s .

OK, glad to know that you are up and running now.

As to my torrent, I am still not convinced! The report showed that I had uploaded zero data. I don't know what else to do to get the green 'health' icon. The best I can get is yellow, meaning that I am connected to a torrent, can download it, but cannot be seen by others and uploading nothing.

Oh well, I will try again when there is an opportunity. And I will try to get others to do the same as the more seeders the better.

Paul
Deffi
Deffi

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:59 am
Yes, I have not found you on any torrents only by the direct link. I will periodically look for you.

David
PGTips91
PGTips91
http://picasaweb.google.com/paulgtaylor91

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:52 am
Deffi wrote:Yes, I have not found you on any torrents only by the direct link. I will periodically look for you.

David

I don't understand "only by the direct link." Care to elaborate?

I'm not seeding any more, by the way, but if you can shed any more light on the situation it will help for the next time I want to provide a torrent and seed it.

Thanks for your feed-back.

Paul
Deffi
Deffi

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:12 pm
I am now going to show my ignorance, Sorry I do very little downloading using torrents.

When I used the address you gave in the post and the wget line I obtained downloads. A full download was obtained using the wget.... and aria2... so I did not complete other downloads. When searching the torrents for your download I did not find it i.e you were invisible on the torrents. I did find Phoenixos listed from Pirate Bay but did not investigate because I was suspicious. The search contained the information on the Phoenix download page and I had not read that Ray had set up a torrent.

David
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum