PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Quake3DeathGod

Im lost on start up.... Empty Im lost on start up....

Tue May 04, 2010 3:05 pm
Ok, I've downloaded the march release from one of the post, and it has the option to boot and install. I can not find a install button, or anything, just always comes to the live version. Everything is password protected. I read on here the password is amd, but it does not seem to get me into anything on the live disk. Is the install broken? Or do I have the wrong version? I have 030410 version. Thanks!

Q3DG
StanTheMan

Im lost on start up.... Empty Re: Im lost on start up....

Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm
The 0304 version is the secnd last version published. The latest is FH040310. It has just a little more software, but basically ithe same a the previous one.

I presume your downloaded ISO is burned with something like Barsero or K3B to create a bootable installer.

As I mentioned in my other post in the forum above, you can select a graphic method or a tet based method. The graphic method should load a Live desktop with about 15 launch icons including one ' Install ' and another ' Installer '
Or you can click on the Menu button at the bottom left and select System > Install . This will ask for a password ' amd ' and then proceed with the standard Ubuntu 8.04 install processes.
Quake3DeathGod

Wed May 05, 2010 7:59 am
I must have a bad iso, or live only. There is no install, installer or anything leading to one. It wont even boot in install mode. No matter what I choose, it comes up with the live desktop with gimp, some media players, standard desktop icons, and office. Settings and restricted settings also. No install. The settings and computer icons require a password, but "amd" is not it. Its relatively fast, fully functional, but not installable. How do I get the the release you had pointed to as being last? I have searched the forum, didnt find a link to it.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Wed May 05, 2010 8:38 am
Quake3DeathGod wrote:I must have a bad iso, or live only. There is no install, installer or anything leading to one. It wont even boot in install mode. No matter what I choose, it comes up with the live desktop with gimp, some media players, standard desktop icons, and office. Settings and restricted settings also. No install. The settings and computer icons require a password, but "amd" is not it. Its relatively fast, fully functional, but not installable. How do I get the the release you had pointed to as being last? I have searched the forum, didnt find a link to it.

Ok Make sure you got this one:

http://www.raccomputers.com/phoenixosFH042210.iso

Is that the one you got?

Are you on yahoo or skype I can walk you thru it, let me know.

Ray
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 am
Quake3DeathGod wrote:I must have a bad iso, or live only. There is no install, installer or anything leading to one. It wont even boot in install mode. No matter what I choose, it comes up with the live desktop with gimp, some media players, standard desktop icons, and office. Settings and restricted settings also. No install. The settings and computer icons require a password, but "amd" is not it. Its relatively fast, fully functional, but not installable. How do I get the the release you had pointed to as being last? I have searched the forum, didnt find a link to it.

You have the stealth version, just noticed your date.

Right click mouse pick run command and type ubiquity and it will install.

Ray
Quake3DeathGod

Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 am
thanks Ray, I'll get it now! I'm downloading the right one at this moment. I knew I had read a way to install that one some where, I just couldnt find it! I'll be running your OS on one of these computers around here in just a min or two!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed May 05, 2010 12:34 pm
Quake3DeathGod wrote:thanks Ray, I'll get it now! I'm downloading the right one at this moment. I knew I had read a way to install that one some where, I just couldnt find it! I'll be running your OS on one of these computers around here in just a min or two!

Super!
Just so you know there isnt any right one or wrong one; just the one you downloaded: Stealth- is based on Karmic Kubuntu 10.04 if I remember correctly and the one I recently uploaded Flamehawk- is based on Hardy 8.04lts. Both using kde 3.5. It all amounts to what works good on your machine. I use Stealth cuz I like karmic and it likes my machine, so thats what works for me.
I would like to keep one flavor, but at the moment we have Mini, Flamehawk, and Stealth: to keep everyone happy Very Happy

Ray
Quake3DeathGod

Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm
I did get it downloaded, and running. It was not easy. It does not like my "play" machine. I have 7 computers around here, and the one I chose was a mini itx, with via s3 graphics. Upon install, comes up with missing displayconfig-gtx, x can not be configured. SO, off to the console, and edit xorg to get in. Its running now.
The other thing I have noticed is, if I make a new user, I lose this nifty theme on here. Bob seems to have all the bells and whistles! I may try and install the other one for trial purposes. I like the old linspire look. I miss linspire theme, it was great. BTW, JUST got rid of some of my linspire stuff. I had disk all the way back to lindows 2.0!
Karmic is 9.10, I'd love to see something built off 10.04, may have shorter boot times. Alas, I'm no programmer, so I can only wish! But I'm not afraid to test anything you guys can throw at me! Smile
Sponsored content