PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Linux Mint goes Debian??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Linux Mint goes Debian???

Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:51 pm
LinuXFroG wrote:Install and everything went fine for me, updating from their repos as the screen I posted shows was very slow. Installing anything from their repos was also painfully slow. No other issues other then the ones I posted. With that said, it is not up to par with their other releases and is no longer on my system.

Try the upcoming PhoenixOS Hawk: Karmic should work nice for you, should be done uploading in 6 hours or less.

Ray What a Face
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:26 pm
As a follow up...

The Debian version doesn't hold a candle to the regular Mint 9.0 based on Lucid... in my opinion. Not just the fact that it doesn't see my NIC, but it is buggy. I still haven't figured out where the programs that I minimize (not close) go. They are not in the task bar, and if I want them back, I have to restart them, and start over...

Ray's PhoenixOS based on Lucid is head and shoulders above the current build of Debian Mint as well, in my opinion. Maybe after a few more updates to the OS it will get better, but I don't have a lot of patience Shocked Very Happy and I get bored rather easily...

I can't wait for Ray's new Lucid release... Wink Smile Cool

Harvey
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:32 pm
hqlinux wrote:As a follow up...

The Debian version doesn't hold a candle to the regular Mint 9.0 based on Lucid... in my opinion. Not just the fact that it doesn't see my NIC, but it is buggy. I still haven't figured out where the programs that I minimize (not close) go. They are not in the task bar, and if I want them back, I have to restart them, and start over...

Ray's PhoenixOS based on Lucid is head and shoulders above the current build of Debian Mint as well, in my opinion. Maybe after a few more updates to the OS it will get better, but I don't have a lot of patience Shocked Very Happy and I get bored rather easily...

I can't wait for Ray's new Lucid release... Wink Smile Cool

Harvey

Thanks, glad you like it! I will try to finish up lucid rc so I can upload it for you soon.

Ray What a Face
old tech
old tech

Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:57 pm
hqlinux..... Mint Debian..... When I minimize a program it shows up on the bottom taskbar like always. I know if you delete the original taskbar and make another the minimized programs won't be there anymore.
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:08 pm
old tech wrote:hqlinux..... Mint Debian..... When I minimize a program it shows up on the bottom taskbar like always. I know if you delete the original taskbar and make another the minimized programs won't be there anymore.

Hmmmmmmm........

I didn't delete anything... at least not that I am aware of...LOL Wink Smile ...

But when I minimize Firefox, it goes off somewhere, not sure where, but it doesn't land in the taskbar for some reason.

Harvey
old tech
old tech

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:49 pm
I had that problem with Ubuntu sometime ago. The right marker was all the way to the left even to the left of the launch button. I was playing around and grabbed it and pulled it to the right and the minimized icons appeared.
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm
old tech wrote:I had that problem with Ubuntu sometime ago. The right marker was all the way to the left even to the left of the launch button. I was playing around and grabbed it and pulled it to the right and the minimized icons appeared.

Hmmmmmmmm........

That makes sense... I will try that the next time I fire up Mint-Debian...

Thanks for the probable solution... Cool Cool Cool

Harvey
LinuXFroG
LinuXFroG
http://froggyslinks.com/index.php

Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:30 am
If that doesn't work, try re-adding the windows list to your taskbar.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum