PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

fundraiser not looking too good Empty fundraiser not looking too good

Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:27 pm
It is with deep regret that we only got 2 orders for the fundraiser and 0 donations. Please this is a chance to help support PhoenixOS future development and get a good deal: even if you cant afford to buy a laptop: donations are accepted as well.

Special thanks to the two users who bought laptops to help support PhoenixOS!

Ray..
Admin
Admin
Admin

fundraiser not looking too good Empty fundraiser partial success

Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:51 pm
I had hoped to raise enough thru the fundraiser to keep PhoenixOS running for another year.  However; due to lack of sales and donations.  We are short 260.00 to keep PhoenixOS going for another year.  If somehow we raise that much, PhoenixOS will go on for another year.  December 31st is the deadline.  

In the meantime it is with great sadness and regret, due to lack of donations and few fundraising sales; effective January 1, 2020 PhoenixOS will no longer be developed and will come to an end. I will retain the rights in case; I decide to go in the private sector at a later time.

The two people who supported me during the fundraiser, will receive free updates and support for their new version of PhoenixOS. I personally thank them for their support.

Ray...
Admin
Admin
Admin

fundraiser not looking too good Empty fundraiser update 2

Mon May 18, 2020 5:55 pm
Hope you are all doing well. Unfortunately we fell short of 260.00 to keep PhoenixOS going for another year (2020).

However; I would like to thank the two supporters that almost made it possible for us to go another year. They received a free copy of the PhoenixOS Final, preloaded on their Lenovo Laptops they ordered from us to support PhoenixOS. So a personal thank you to Brotherleroy and his Boss for supporting PhoenixOS and almost making it possible to go one more year....

Ray....
brotherleroy

fundraiser not looking too good Empty It was a good run

Wed May 20, 2020 1:21 am
Ray,

I'm sorry you were not able to get enough to keep Phoenix OS going. It was a good run. I've been using it for a few months now and am quite happy with the work you put into this.

It really did hit all the marks the old Linspire attempted to, and some new ones. The KDE was well thought and themed, as well as the selection of apps. On the machine you provided it simply flies.

I was hoping to download a copy as a backup, but if you are shutting down I hope I can run into you out there on the other forums. I lurk over on Ubuntu and a few other places.

Also out of curiosity, how did you put this one together. I remember from our discussions about a year ago that Remastersys and others are no more. Just curious what methods you used to build this system.

Good Luck.

Patrick
Admin
Admin
Admin

fundraiser not looking too good Empty update

Thu May 21, 2020 1:57 am
brotherleroy wrote:Ray,

I'm sorry you were not able to get enough to keep Phoenix OS going.  It was a good run.  I've been using it for a few months now and am quite happy with the work you put into this.  

It really did hit all the marks the old Linspire attempted to, and some new ones.  The KDE was well thought and themed, as well as the selection of apps.  On the machine you provided it simply flies.  

I was hoping to download a copy as a backup, but if you are shutting down I hope I can run into you out there on the other forums.  I lurk over on Ubuntu and a few other places.  

Also out of curiosity, how did you put this one together.  I remember from our discussions about a year ago that Remastersys and others are no more.  Just curious what methods you used to build this system.

Good Luck.

Patrick

I am trying to keep PhoenixOS going a little longer, but its been tough especially with the Virus situation, we lost our major source of income. I had to sell my electric car, which I miss: was so quiet ( 2007 Zenn ) Now things are slowly getting back to normal and State restrictions are getting lifted. If we can raise 260.00, soon: I can afford to keep it going for another year. I was surprised more people didn't take advantage of the Lenovo Specials. Lenovo was kind enough to donate some more units for this cause.

I am still trying to find something to build the ISOs right now I have to make the distro and use an hd duplicator to install it on multiple machines. As you have seen, this is the best build we have ever had, its so stable and the optimizations have made it very fast!

When Ive found a reliable way to do the iso, I will make sure you have a backup.
Thanks again for your support!

Ray..
PhoenixOS Creator
Sponsored content

fundraiser not looking too good Empty Re: fundraiser not looking too good

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum