PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Tekmate: John Empty Tekmate: John

Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 am
I spoke with John a while back; and many of you may or may not know: he is going thru a rough time right now. His wife has been battling with her health for a while now and might need an operation. Medical bills can take a toll on anyone and not to mention job cuts.
I have been thru what John is going thru and why don't we all give him our support. I remember when I had a bad streak a few years back: everyone here really pulled thru for me. The support here was amazing, especially the old Linspire gang that found there way to our PhoenixOS forums. If it wasn't for everyone's support here: PhoenixOS would have died on that very day.

John your in our prayers and we hope things get better for you!

Ray...

P.S. For those of you who may not know: John has contributed a lot of his time helping me tremendously with these PhoenixOS releases: Along with Ray contributing his hosting and testing as well! Thanks guys!

jpisini
jpisini
Admin
http://cafecomputer.com

Tekmate: John Empty Re: Tekmate: John

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:24 am
Thanks Ray it means a lot, dealing with my wife's cancer is something we as a family have been dealing with for about 7 years now. Next Tuesday she goes in for surgery again they are going to remove one of her ovaries. So far they have removed one of her kidneys, her spleen, part of her liver, and part of her stomach.
I have been working with Ray on Phoenix and had a lot of fun doing it even if I couldn't spend as much time as I like. With the coming surgery I will be even busier than normal so I won't have time to work on any projects for at least a month maybe longer.
I will pop in and check the forums when I can but I will not be doing any patches or new versions for a while.
Good luck with your Linux desktops and keep my wife in your prayers.
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:39 pm
jpisini wrote:Thanks Ray it means a lot, dealing with my wife's cancer is something we as a family have been dealing with for about 7 years now. Next Tuesday she goes in for surgery again they are going to remove one of her ovaries. So far they have removed one of her kidneys, her spleen, part of her liver, and part of her stomach.
I have been working with Ray on Phoenix and had a lot of fun doing it even if I couldn't spend as much time as I like. With the coming surgery I will be even busier than normal so I won't have time to work on any projects for at least a month maybe longer.
I will pop in and check the forums when I can but I will not be doing any patches or new versions for a while.
Good luck with your Linux desktops and keep my wife in your prayers.

You are in my prayers,

Bob
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:43 pm
Thanks Bob.
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 am
Hi Guys,
My wife is home but not feeling great. They couldn't do a laproscopic surgery due to all the scar tissue from previous operations so the recovery time is going to be a bit longer. We have to wait about a week for the results of what it is or isn't.
Been crazy still a lot to do. I haven't even started yard work and they are saying we could have hurricane force winds coming through in a few days. I have to get the tent down or I am going to lose it. I will wait to rake as I may get lucky and they all end up in someone else's yard. Won't happen but I can dream.
Got my wife's car back (she was in an accident a few weeks ago and there are a few issues with the repairs I have to take care of that. My mother-in-law wrecked her car she wasn't hurt so she has been using my wife's van so not sure when I can get that straightened out.
Enough about my woes how is everyone doing?
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm
jpisini wrote:Hi Guys,
My wife is home but not feeling great. They couldn't do a laproscopic surgery due to all the scar tissue from previous operations so the recovery time is going to be a bit longer. We have to wait about a week for the results of what it is or isn't.
Been crazy still a lot to do. I haven't even started yard work and they are saying we could have hurricane force winds coming through in a few days. I have to get the tent down or I am going to lose it. I will wait to rake as I may get lucky and they all end up in someone else's yard. Won't happen but I can dream.
Got my wife's car back (she was in an accident a few weeks ago and there are a few issues with the repairs I have to take care of that. My mother-in-law wrecked her car she wasn't hurt so she has been using my wife's van so not sure when I can get that straightened out.
Enough about my woes how is everyone doing?

When it rains it pours. :-( About getting extra help with the yard work, see your priest or pastor. Sometimes they have a list of kids that might help you for free.

Bob
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:21 pm
bobd13045 wrote:
When it rains it pours. :-( About getting extra help with the yard work, see your priest or pastor. Sometimes they have a list of kids that might help you for free.

Bob

Good idea I hadn't thought of that. I will talk to them on Sunday after service. Thanks.
Ray
Ray

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:38 am
I hope the news will be good news for a change for you, it certainly seems to have been a bit of a rocky road for you just lately. My very best wishes for your wife's recovery to good health.

Ray
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:26 am
Thanks for the well wishes Ray.
Everyone wish me luck hurricane is on the way. I am working from home today just in case something happens my wife won't be able to handle it by herself. I will say for being 10 days post surgery she is getting around really well.
To everyone else in Sandy's path good luck.
Ray
Ray

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:08 pm
jpisini wrote:Thanks for the well wishes Ray.
Everyone wish me luck hurricane is on the way. I am working from home today just in case something happens my wife won't be able to handle it by herself. I will say for being 10 days post surgery she is getting around really well.
Glad to hear that John, nice to hear that she is on th up and up. All the best for your tilt with Sandy, take care old friend.

Ray
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:31 pm
jpisini wrote:Thanks for the well wishes Ray.

I am glad things are going well for her, and wish you the best of luck. God Bless you all.

Ray...
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:58 am
We made it through Sandy with no damage thankfully.
Lyn is feeling OK but there is some redness around the surgery that started yesterday we are monitoring. She has that and some leakage we are hoping for the best but I have to admit it has me worried. To have the leakage show up 9 days after surgery and the redness 10 makes me really nervous.
How did everyone else fair?
Ray
Ray

Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:13 pm
jpisini wrote:We made it through Sandy with no damage thankfully.
Lyn is feeling OK but there is some redness around the surgery that started yesterday we are monitoring. She has that and some leakage we are hoping for the best but I have to admit it has me worried. To have the leakage show up 9 days after surgery and the redness 10 makes me really nervous.
How did everyone else fair?

John,

Let's hope your worries disappear in double quick time, Lyn is in my wife's prayers every night and we both hope that she will 'mend' quickly, our thoughts and prayers are with her.

As for Sandy, glad you made it through with no damage, it missed us here in NZ Very Happy thankfully. Best wishes for the future.

Ray
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:23 am
We had to go back up the hospital the day before yesterday due to complications. They put in a drain and sent us back home. They have a visiting nurse coming out everyday now to change out the packing. Hopefully this is the end of the complications.
Ray
Ray

Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:57 pm
jpisini wrote:We had to go back up the hospital the day before yesterday due to complications. They put in a drain and sent us back home. They have a visiting nurse coming out everyday now to change out the packing. Hopefully this is the end of the complications.

I'm with you on that John, We can only hope for the very best for Lyn and your family, My thoughts are with you.

Ray
old tech
old tech

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:44 pm
I just spent over 2 months in the hospital. I had a bad stroke this time paralyzed my whole left side. After 7 weeks of rehab i gained use of about 70% of my leg and arm. If it ain't one thing its two.
Ray
Ray

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm
old tech wrote:I just spent over 2 months in the hospital. I had a bad stroke this time paralyzed my whole left side. After 7 weeks of rehab i gained use of about 70% of my leg and arm. If it ain't one thing its two.
You have my deepest sympathies Old Tech, just hoping that I can dodge those bullets. Carry on with the recovery.

Ray
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:27 pm
Ray wrote:
old tech wrote:I just spent over 2 months in the hospital. I had a bad stroke this time paralyzed my whole left side. After 7 weeks of rehab i gained use of about 70% of my leg and arm. If it ain't one thing its two.
You have my deepest sympathies Old Tech, just hoping that I can dodge those bullets. Carry on with the recovery.

Ray

Old Tech you are in my prayers too!
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:02 pm
Old Tech I hope things are getting better for you. My neighbor's mom just had a stroke she is staying with them now while they do rehabilitation. Are you able to get around on your own?
old tech
old tech

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:15 pm
Hi John

Somewhat, In my house I can walk with a cane or walker. You know for 72 years I used to whiz around now I have to teach my left leg how to walk again. balance is my biggest problem now.

Jack
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:12 pm
It's tough my neighbor's mom was outside today with the physical therapist they had her doing the stairs on the deck the are very shallow and there is only a couple of them as exercise. You just have to keep practicing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:21 pm

Wow, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. We will pray for a speedy recovery and no more setbacks.

Ray..
jpisini
jpisini
Admin

Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:22 pm
My wife is doing better the drain really helped the Dr figures about another week to be reasonably healed up still no lifting or anything like that but she will be able to drive again and do things.
Ray
Ray

Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:23 pm
jpisini wrote:My wife is doing better the drain really helped the Dr figures about another week to be reasonably healed up still no lifting or anything like that but she will be able to drive again and do things.

Great news John, best wishes for a continuation of the progress.

Ray
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 am
jpisini wrote:My wife is doing better the drain really helped the Dr figures about another week to be reasonably healed up still no lifting or anything like that but she will be able to drive again and do things.

Wow, thats awesome news and just in time for the holidays! I'm happy for you and your family and will keep you all in our prayers.

Ray...
Sponsored content