PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Deffi
Deffi

KDE 3.5 on Debian Squeeze - Page 2 Empty Re: KDE 3.5 on Debian Squeeze

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:29 am
Yes you can but it can be unstable. I found my settings went back to default on reboot at one point. I once got my clock in the centre but I had to use a spacer (a widget) but it was messy and made moving the other widgets even harder. I found I had to hold one mouse button to move the widget and click the other whilst still holding down the other to stop it jumping back to its original position. In other words it is not as straight forward and easy as KDE3, but I'm finding that with a lot of developments at this time.

I am getting to like KDE4 but I still have a lot to learn such as installing my own wallpapers and using the built in desktop effects.

David.
StanTheMan

Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:27 pm
With KDE 4.4 , if you have a desktop with no windows running , right-click the panel and select configure panel. Then move your cursor up to the center of the blank space and a four-point marker will appear. Now move it very slowly either right or left. At a certain pint the other icon closest to your movement will suddenly flip to the other side of the blank space. That way you can line up all your panel icons with the 'move' function.
jpisini
jpisini
Admin
http://cafecomputer.com

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:49 am
Stan and David thanks for the 411 on how to do that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum