PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need testers

+11
RevJack
Bob3
newyorkpaulie
Deffi
bobd13045
dalevandy
PaulS
Ray
hqlinux
StanTheMan
Admin
15 posters
Go down
RevJack
RevJack

Need testers - Page 2 Empty Re: Need testers

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:57 am
Interestingly, I not once saw "Guest" or "Gufi" offer any kind of assistance, yet they want to gripe, complain and falsely accuse! Sounds like troll posts to me!
JNibski
JNibski

Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:35 pm

a few months and they already have 10% of the market share with windows 7 alone. if that's not getting it right i dunno what is.

....sharing with what? http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=8

....look like a monopoly, if you go to any chain store...

Some have never even seen a MAC osx, let alone any LINUX....

I don't think thats "RIGHT" ...I think thats wrong.

Crying or Very sad ...IT is what it IS, and all we could do is help LINUX = HERE.

We should'nt give a rats a$$ about MS.

JN.Need testers - Page 2 Rat-tail_zcl9
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:35 pm
I have decided to release this as a download instead of mail, as a majority of the community members feel that. I released the Mini Version of PhoenixOS early so people would have something to play with, in spite of the fact it has some bugs. If I was a con man I would not be here doing this.
Things to remember is while I want to maintain the Linspire Look and feel, I am a one man person doing this distro and do not have employees like Linspire did; and even so I'm putting out releases faster than Linspire. I also still have a computer store to run, and a family to take care of. Its been a rough year; and in spite of it all PhoenixOS still exists and it will only get better from here.

Ray[/quote]

Ray,

Any ETA for the availability of the FlameHawk iso download?

Will the Username Bob Bug be fixed?

Bob
guest 1

Need testers - Page 2 Empty two guests !

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:39 pm
There is two guests in this thread, I'm the first one who posted:
Who got a mailbox that can receive, or for that matter contain a file of that size ? As far as I know the normal limit for a mail incl. attached files is apx. 5-10 MB Rolling Eyes
and the reason why I used the name "guest" was that I don't wanna use my former profile name as long as it's not possible to make an account - I get the message that my e-mail is not valid Rolling Eyes (first time I experienced that! - anywhere else it's OK)

Well, to some degree I agree with guest 2, and I'm sure I know what's P***ing people of. Sure, you're one man, but so is "TheeMahn" who makes Ultimate Edition, but instead of you thinking that you can test for and fix every single bug on your own, he uses first his admins to test,(in about a week Wink ). The users report back if they find something and then he and the admins try to solve the last few errors on the forum. That have been a success for years now Cool Second: If a release-date i postponed we are talking max. a week, not again and again in about 6 months. Rolling Eyes Better to let the users help Wink and it looks like you are finally "see the light" - just hope it's for real scratch
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:56 pm
bobd13045 wrote:I have decided to release this as a download instead of mail, as a majority of the community members feel that. I released the Mini Version of PhoenixOS early so people would have something to play with, in spite of the fact it has some bugs. If I was a con man I would not be here doing this.
Things to remember is while I want to maintain the Linspire Look and feel, I am a one man person doing this distro and do not have employees like Linspire did; and even so I'm putting out releases faster than Linspire. I also still have a computer store to run, and a family to take care of. Its been a rough year; and in spite of it all PhoenixOS still exists and it will only get better from here.

Ray

Ray,

Any ETA for the availability of the FlameHawk iso download?

Will the Username Bob Bug be fixed?

Bob[/quote]

Yes Bob bug fixed, and I don't want to give eta cuz then people hound me if I'm a little late. Lets just say soon and Flamehawk has a surprise its now based on Karmic instead of Hardy; the other reason for the delay.

Ray Very Happy
Bob3
Bob3

Need testers - Page 2 Empty dude...

Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:10 pm
We should'nt give a rats a$$ about MS.
Need testers - Page 2 Rat-tail_zcl9
JN.
Dude, please don't insult the rodents !!!
We have a small colony of "bald tail squirrels" that the GF made a little house for, it's kept the critters outta our house, hadn't needed to do any critter proofing for the winter.

Ray... please don't feed the trolls!!!
bluey
bluey

Need testers - Page 2 Empty Harsh Guest now registered

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:15 pm
I am the guest who posted the rather harsh words. I have taken up the challenge and registered. First up I am not a troll. Just had a bad day and was frustrated with life in general. This leads me to say...
Ray, (and anyone else who took exception) I apologize for the tone and harshness of my post. I am a disabled pensioner who spends a lot of time at the computer and I guess like a lot of people I am still looking for the perfect distro. Phoenix OS sounds like it may be close to the mark, At least in what I am looking for. I appreciate that you are a one person show and that you also have a life beyond this. I also acknowledge that like a lot of other distro developers most if not all your efforts are $free to others.

I was excited by the prospect of the new Phoenix OS but gradually became frustrated with the delays and the list of excuses for the delays. I guess I was overlooking the fact that I am not the only one with problems in life.

So I shall in future keep my emotions in check on this forum as best as i can and will wait patiently bounce for the iso to be released.

I have distro hopped just about everything on the Distrowatch list of distros over the years and have come up with a specific short list of what I want. That being, debian based and kde3 but with an up-to-date base. I am not a fan nor user of anything other than debian based distros. Also I don't like gnome. Ubuntu, in my opinion is not as stable as debian and as a rule I also have shunned ubuntu based distros. However there are a few exceptions. Mint & Zorin to name two. As originally posted, I started with Linspire and it had a WOW factor that is lacking in todays offerings. So in perspective, reading snippets from you I am expecting an improved ubuntu kde3 experience with the Linspire polish & feel.

Am I expecting too much?

So here I am, warts and all, apologies, gripes & hopes. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes cyclops pirat No Embarassed Shocked
Deffi
Deffi

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:23 pm
Very Happy Well done Ray. Karmic makes sense. Isn't the mini based on Karmic? Is Karmic LTS? I do not have that info.

David
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:51 pm
bluey wrote:I am the guest who posted the rather harsh words. I have taken up the challenge and registered. First up I am not a troll. Just had a bad day and was frustrated with life in general. This leads me to say...
Ray, (and anyone else who took exception) I apologize for the tone and harshness of my post. I am a disabled pensioner who spends a lot of time at the computer and I guess like a lot of people I am still looking for the perfect distro. Phoenix OS sounds like it may be close to the mark, At least in what I am looking for. I appreciate that you are a one person show and that you also have a life beyond this. I also acknowledge that like a lot of other distro developers most if not all your efforts are $free to others.

I was excited by the prospect of the new Phoenix OS but gradually became frustrated with the delays and the list of excuses for the delays. I guess I was overlooking the fact that I am not the only one with problems in life.

So I shall in future keep my emotions in check on this forum as best as i can and will wait patiently bounce for the iso to be released.

I have distro hopped just about everything on the Distrowatch list of distros over the years and have come up with a specific short list of what I want. That being, debian based and kde3 but with an up-to-date base. I am not a fan nor user of anything other than debian based distros. Also I don't like gnome. Ubuntu, in my opinion is not as stable as debian and as a rule I also have shunned ubuntu based distros. However there are a few exceptions. Mint & Zorin to name two. As originally posted, I started with Linspire and it had a WOW factor that is lacking in todays offerings. So in perspective, reading snippets from you I am expecting an improved ubuntu kde3 experience with the Linspire polish & feel.

Am I expecting too much?

So here I am, warts and all, apologies, gripes & hopes. Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes cyclops pirat No Embarassed Shocked

Thanks and when you try the iso; should hopefully fulfill that factor with the exception of not being debian based (yet).

Ray
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:53 pm
Deffi wrote:Very Happy Well done Ray. Karmic makes sense. Isn't the mini based on Karmic? Is Karmic LTS? I do not have that info.

David

Yes it is; what happened was I kept tweaking with Hardy base and then after seeing how good Karmic with kde 3.5 is; I said heck scrap hardy and started all over again with Karmic; and its SO FAST and more up to date packages. I gotta hurry and release this iso before; karmic becomes obsolete hehehehe Very Happy

Ray
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 pm
Yes Bob bug fixed, and I don't want to give eta cuz then people hound me if I'm a little late. Lets just say soon and Flamehawk has a surprise its now based on Karmic instead of Hardy; the other reason for the delay.

Ray Very Happy[/quote]

Good news Smile

Bob
Bob3
Bob3

Need testers - Page 2 Empty welll...

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:48 pm
If anybody wants to go for a quick roll with a desktop, I've installed the netbook version on not only laptops but an old Dell desktop as well.
I'm not sure time-wise if a person would want to do that though, with the actual desktop version being so close to getting turned loose.
Anyway, your mileage will no doubt vary.

by the way...
Does anybody have decent touch screen drivers handy?

... and what's this stuff about the "Bob Bug"? Whassa matta with being a Bob???! What a Face
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:49 pm
bluey wrote:I am the guest who posted the rather harsh words. I have taken up the challenge and registered. First up I am not a troll. Just had a bad day and was frustrated with life in general. This leads me to say...

Am I expecting too much?

While I can't speak for others... WELCOME aboard. Community building is one user at a time, all working toward helping the OS in question to get better.

No hard feelings on my end...

Harvey
bluey
bluey

Need testers - Page 2 Empty Thanks

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:06 pm
No hard feelings and THANKS for the Welcome.
RevJack
RevJack

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:54 pm
Welcome to the forum!
S3Indiana
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 am
Deffi wrote:Karmic makes sense. Is Karmic LTS? I do not have that info.
No, the next release 10.04 (Lucid Lynx) is LTS...
Ray
Ray

Need testers - Page 2 Empty Screenshot Phoenix Mini

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:39 am
Just a screenshot of the latest Phoenix Mini using Parallels Workstation 4 on a Win 7 host.Phoenix Mini

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)
Ray
Ray

Need testers - Page 2 Empty Screenshot Phoenix Mini

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:53 am
Just one more of Phoenix Mini Phoenix Mini Start

Ray (the other Ray from NZ)
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:04 am
S3Indiana wrote:

We are so close to a Ubuntu LTS, maybe another delay to FlameHawk's release would make sense. Wink

Bob
S3Indiana
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:54 pm
bobd13045 wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:

We are so close to a Ubuntu LTS, maybe another delay to FlameHawk's release would make sense. Wink
Think that would require a move to KDE 4, and unsure if Ray feels comfortable with that...
bobd13045
bobd13045
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 pm
S3Indiana wrote:
bobd13045 wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:

Think that would require a move to KDE 4, and unsure if Ray feels comfortable with that...

Ken

Well maybe we should stay with 9.10 in that case. Thanks for your
input.

Bob
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:09 pm
S3Indiana wrote:
bobd13045 wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:

I agree Ken; I would feel better not delaying and release under Karmic KDE 3.5 and then we can take a poll after and if enough users want kde 4 then we can go to Lucid LTS.
When I released Phoenix Stealth, I think it was, it had kde4 and people hated kde4: including myself. So have to think that over real good.

Ray
S3Indiana
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:12 pm
Admin wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:
bobd13045 wrote:
S3Indiana wrote:

I would feel better not delaying and release under Karmic KDE 3.5 and then we can take a poll after and if enough users want kde 4 then we can go to Lucid LTS.
When I released Phoenix Stealth, I think it was, it had kde4 and people hated kde4: including myself. So have to think that over real good.
FYI I've been using KDE 4.4 and it's a significant improvement from the original release of KDE 4...
bluey
bluey

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 pm
My 2 cents worth. I am not a fan of kde4. The new konqueror and dolphin file managers are but a shadow of kde3 konqueror for file management. Some of the other glitz is OK but until or unless the file management comes back to kde3 standard I will avoid it as far as possible.

To me, kde4 is a regression not a progression.

Long live kde3 Basketball
RevJack
RevJack

Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:49 pm
I like KDE 4.4!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum