PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flamehawk Release

+10
PGTips91
bobd13045
Ray
bluey
jpisini
PaulS
newyorkpaulie
S3Indiana
hqlinux
Admin
14 posters
Go down
Whereismyid

Flamehawk Release - Page 2 Empty Re: Flamehawk Release

Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 am
Admin wrote:922048f3d192eea48988634470c02c05 phoenixos030410.iso

http://www.raccomputers.com/phoenixos030410.iso.md5

Odd I burned it fine, hmm Ill try downloading it and see what happens.
Maybe have to upload it again, I used filezilla with resume cuz, I had to stop it when I got
out of work, then resumed at home. hmm.

Ray

My download burned just fine even on to a dvd-rw, installed as instructed via command line with intel as the passcode, i did change root/user passcodes....for KDE the desktop is working fine. ...i have been brainwashed/converted to gnome Very Happy it is more open and pliable to how i want it to work and the shortcuts i put on the desktop work in gnome without massaging the desktop as much as i have to in KDE....but all in all this a good OS

WTG Ray
JohnP
JohnP

Flamehawk Release - Page 2 Empty Phoenix upgrade for Dell

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:34 pm
Hi Ray,
Sorry to hear your problems, hope things are working out.
I have been looking for a replacement for my Linspire install on my Dell D400. Having had health problems for a while this laptop has been my treasured bedside companion, but it is getting long in the tooth.
Now I'm doing better I needed to find something to use and I have been surprised that the newer distro's don't work well with the Dell.

The ones that did I didn't like for one reason or another.
I downloaded and installed the new version of Phoenix and I have found the replacement! Laughing
Thanks Ray. If I ever make it down there, I'll have to stop by and purchase something to make up for it! Very Happy
Now I'll have to get my Acer out and try out the Mini Hawk JohnP
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:09 am
JohnP wrote:Hi Ray,
Sorry to hear your problems, hope things are working out.
I have been looking for a replacement for my Linspire install on my Dell D400. Having had health problems for a while this laptop has been my treasured bedside companion, but it is getting long in the tooth.
Now I'm doing better I needed to find something to use and I have been surprised that the newer distro's don't work well with the Dell.

The ones that did I didn't like for one reason or another.
I downloaded and installed the new version of Phoenix and I have found the replacement! Laughing
Thanks Ray. If I ever make it down there, I'll have to stop by and purchase something to make up for it! Very Happy
Now I'll have to get my Acer out and try out the Mini Hawk JohnP

Your quite welcome! I glad it worked well; I'm actually running it now on my main laptop: Acer Aspire 4530
If you ever make it down here, love to have you over. I miss the good ole Commodore Amiga days where I would meet the community that used my programs (Good ole basic and cp/m hehehe) Smile

Enjoy!

Ray Very Happy
JohnP
JohnP

Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 pm
Admin wrote:Your quite welcome! I glad it worked well; I'm actually running it now on my main laptop: Acer Aspire 4530
If you ever make it down here, love to have you over. I miss the good ole Commodore Amiga days where I would meet the community that used my programs (Good ole basic and cp/m hehehe) Smile

Enjoy!

Ray Very Happy

I went from a C-64 to an Atari STe. Then I bought a used PC Clone to start a dialup BBS. Of course that was years ago.. Ran it till access to the internet came to this area.. Still have the Atari, I wonder if it still works?
Anyway, I need to get the Acer One out and back up the drive so I can install Mini Hawk. I'll keep you posted... Wink JohnP
Deffi
Deffi

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:55 am
Due to no broadband, moving home and flu I have not been around for nearly 2 weeks. Please has the iso been re-uploaded under the old name. Ray did state that he was uploading an iso with some bugs addressed. Has this happened please? I have read through the forums and find no answer.

I must also get my head round zsync. Will this update a downloaded iso ready for re-burning?

Thanks David
Admin
Admin
Admin

Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:15 pm
Deffi wrote:Due to no broadband, moving home and flu I have not been around for nearly 2 weeks. Please has the iso been re-uploaded under the old name. Ray did state that he was uploading an iso with some bugs addressed. Has this happened please? I have read through the forums and find no answer.

I must also get my head round zsync. Will this update a downloaded iso ready for re-burning?

Thanks David

Update going up soon: I use a date naming scheme, so new upload will be something like phoenixos032510.iso so people can tell which is newer or older.

Ray
Deffi
Deffi

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:12 pm
Thanks Ray. When the initial upload was being sorted the name did not change so I had to check. Still happy with Hardy version but I will start trying to get the Nvidia driver working for me on the Karmic version that I have.

David
PGTips91
PGTips91
http://picasaweb.google.com/paulgtaylor91

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:14 pm
Deffi wrote:Due to no broadband, moving home and flu I have not been around for nearly 2 weeks. Please has the iso been re-uploaded under the old name. Ray did state that he was uploading an iso with some bugs addressed. Has this happened please? I have read through the forums and find no answer.

Thanks David

Hi David,

To answer you first question first, yes the ISO has been up-loaded again and is now fine. The name remains the same since the problem was one of corruption during the upload process only.

Secondly, due to unfortunate events Ray had to back-track to an earlier version than he intended to use and this contained three bugs which he mentioned with manual work-arounds possible. So far the ISO with these bugs corrected has not been made available.

If you have a partial download of the ISO I would encourage you to try the zsync download method as this will re-use what you have and minimise the amount of data needing to be fetched. The command-line tool is not too difficult to use and there are how-tos available to guide you through learning the process.

Also Ray, the NZ Ray, has written a GUI to help those who find the CLI too intimidating. Have a go with that if you like.

Paul
Deffi
Deffi

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:48 am
Thanks Paul.

I posted just to catch up. I am aware of the problems that Ray (admin) has had, unless he has had more since the break-in. I have a download that runs live and installed. I have a problem with getting the Nvidia driver to work. From the messages I get it is a parsing problem with the xorg.conf file. On reboot I am put into low graphics mode. I can not get to write to the file though I think I am in root in high or low graphics. I will go back into patience mode as I have the Hardy version working well for me. As re-installing the karmic version does not take long I will continue to try and sort my problem.

David
Bob3
Bob3

Flamehawk Release - Page 2 Empty Any way to upgrade from konsole?

Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:52 pm
I'm on the road, one of the installs I did of the PhoenixOS (based on 9.1) is in need of update/upgrade (lotsa stuff working poorly or not at all).

Is there any way to upgrade via sudo ?????
apt-get update & upgrade not finding libraries, etc...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:17 am
Bob3 wrote:I'm on the road, one of the installs I did of the PhoenixOS (based on 9.1) is in need of update/upgrade  (lotsa stuff working poorly or not at all).

Do this:

sudo apt-get update
sudo aptitude full-upgrade

Let me know if that works.

Ray...

P.S. How you been? Long time no see!
Bob3
Bob3

Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:52 pm
Admin wrote:
Bob3 wrote:I'm on the road, one of the installs I did of the PhoenixOS (based on 9.1) is in need of update/upgrade  (lotsa stuff working poorly or not at all).

Do this:

sudo apt-get update

Ray...

P.S. How you been?  Long time no see!

Hiya Ray~
We've been busy, still trying to "retire" again but having little luck.

The Mini isn't finding any updates, it has been getting all the 404 messages. The last line of the update has been included but the previous umpteen gazillion lines are typical)

Bob3 wrote:
W: Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/karmic-proposed/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.14 80]

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
bob@bob-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude full-upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Writing extended state information... Done
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Building dependency tree

bob@bob-laptop:~$                
I won't be getting the thinkpad back for a few daze, that's the one in need of the upgrade the most.
I'll be in touch.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:22 am
Bob3 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Do this:

sudo apt-get update

Ray...

P.S. How you been?  Long time no see!

Hiya Ray~
We've been busy, still trying to "retire" again but having little luck.

The Mini isn't finding any updates, it has been getting all the 404 messages.  The last line of the update has been included but the previous umpteen gazillion lines are typical)

Bob3 wrote:
W: Failed to fetch http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/karmic-proposed/universe/binary-i386/Packages.gz  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.14 80]

W: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
bob@bob-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude full-upgrade
Building dependency tree
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Building dependency tree

bob@bob-laptop:~$                
I won't be getting the thinkpad back for a few daze, that's the one in need of the upgrade the most.
I'll be in touch.

Ok let me know, and whats your name on Skype: I can never seem to catch you on there anymore.

Ray..
Bob3
Bob3

Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:55 am
Skype? Rolling Eyes 
Heck, I'm so far in the boonies that most everybody is on dialup yet. I can't even get into half my accounts out here & there's no cell service unless ya have an old 5-watt "suitcase" cellphone.
Internet-wise, it's sorta like 1984 all over again.
end of rant, I better see if the pigeons can take this message to the guy down the road that has a landline.
 Twisted Evil 
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum