PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
PGTips91
PGTips91
http://picasaweb.google.com/paulgtaylor91

Members of old forum Empty Members of old forum

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:14 am
Hello All,

I happened onto this new forum almost by accident. I have posted the information on the Linux Internationals Forum and some there were members of the old forum but have not received any direct notification of the changes. There must be others who are affected.

Is there a mailing list of members of the old forums? Can a general notice be mailed out?

Seems to me to be a good idea if it is possible.

Cheers,

Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Members of old forum Empty Re: Members of old forum

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:47 am
PGTips91 wrote:Hello All,

I happened onto this new forum almost by accident. I have posted the information on the Linux Internationals Forum and some there were members of the old forum but have not received any direct notification of the changes. There must be others who are affected.

Is there a mailing list of members of the old forums? Can a general notice be mailed out?

Cheers,

Paul

Unfortunately, the old forums went down with the hosting, and we have no way to access the files. Part of the reason for moving PhoenixOS website to my site, so I have full control and can have backups in case something goes wrong again. However probably could use the Freespire Forums profiles to get most of the email addresses. Thanks Paul !

Ray
PGTips91
PGTips91

Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:44 pm
Admin wrote:
Unfortunately, the old forums went down with the hosting, and we have no way to access the files. Part of the reason for moving PhoenixOS website to my site, so I have full control and can have backups in case something goes wrong again. However probably could use the Freespire Forums profiles to get most of the email addresses. Thanks Paul !

Ray

You're welcome. In fact I've just checked the Freespire forums and see that I am well behind the ball! I was thinking of putting a general notice there, and if you haven't done so already I would suggest that, too. Make a new topic and put all the relevant information and links there and invite anyone interested to register with your new forum. I can't see that being out of order. That's my view, any way, because PhoenixOS and its forums are already a topic of conversation there.

It might be a good idea to request anyone who reads the notice to notify anyone that they know who might be interested. I'm not sure how many still read the Freespire forums any more - its been a while since I visited, I know. Perhaps the word will get out that way.

Cheers,

Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:10 pm
PGTips91 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Ray

You're welcome. In fact I've just checked the Freespire forums and see that I am well behind the ball! I was thinking of putting a general notice there, and if you haven't done so already I would suggest that, too. Make a new topic and put all the relevant information and links there and invite anyone interested to register with your new forum. I can't see that being out of order. That's my view, any way, because PhoenixOS and its forums are already a topic of conversation there.

It might be a good idea to request anyone who reads the notice to notify anyone that they know who might be interested. I'm not sure how many still read the Freespire forums any more - its been a while since I visited, I know. Perhaps the word will get out that way.

Cheers,

Paul

Yup I did that already, but I might do it again just in case anyone missed it. I am trying to get us on distrowatch but its expensive, unless enough interests sparks them over there into reviewing PhoenixOS then it might be free. Perhaps when 1.0 comes out on Valentines day Wink

Ray Very Happy
PGTips91
PGTips91

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:16 pm
Admin wrote:
Yup I did that already, but I might do it again just in case anyone missed it. I am trying to get us on distrowatch but its expensive, unless enough interests sparks them over there into reviewing PhoenixOS then it might be free. Perhaps when 1.0 comes out on Valentines day Wink

Ray Very Happy

I'd suggest that you also post in the thread at Linux Internationals Forums, PhoenixOS

They have quite a few Distros listed and I am sure they would list yours if there was enough interest in it. You might even get someone there to review PhoenixOS 1.0 when you release it, there are some experienced reviewers on the forum.

Paul
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:00 pm
PGTips91 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Ray Very Happy

I'd suggest that you also post in the thread at Linux Internationals Forums, PhoenixOS

They have quite a few Distros listed and I am sure they would list yours if there was enough interest in it. You might even get someone there to review PhoenixOS 1.0 when you release it, there are some experienced reviewers on the forum.

Paul

Thanks for the info, I will post there later or tomorrow, as from reading it: there is quite a lot of questions and I want to have the time to answer each and everyone of them properly. I will have to add them to my daily sites to visit!

Ray Very Happy (PhoenixOS Ray) hehehehe
PGTips91
PGTips91

Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:01 pm
Admin wrote:
Thanks for the info, I will post there later or tomorrow, as from reading it: there is quite a lot of questions and I want to have the time to answer each and everyone of them properly. I will have to add them to my daily sites to visit!

Ray Very Happy (PhoenixOS Ray) hehehehe

That's great. Will look forward to your input at LI. It's a great forum, though relatively small in numbers, but quite a bit of expertise there.

I like your sig!

"Ray Very Happy (PhoenixOS Ray) hehehehe"

We do have another 'Ray' on the LI forum who likewise is careful to distinguish himself so as not to be confused with you!

Hope things start to improve with your forums and development. I should be able to do a test install when you release.

Paul
magicFreak

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Cheers,

Paul

Hi, yes, I still have all the data from the old forums; emails etc.

I let the domain slide so that Ray could get it ( As I mentioned on and off the forums ).
PGTips91
PGTips91

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:06 am
magicFreak wrote:

Cheers,

Paul

I let the domain slide so that Ray could get it ( As I mentioned on and off the forums ).

magicFreak wrote:http://imagicos.com/phoenixos/forum/

Here's the link ^

So far so good. But I am a bit confused now. Which forum are we going to use from here on out?

After a bit of bother I was able to sign into the 'imagicos' PoenixOS formum. But is it to be active or just an archive?

Paul

Last edited by PGTips91 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
magicFreak

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:26 am
That link insnt the imagic os forum, it's where the old phoenix domain retreived data from (hosting situation).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 am
PGTips91 wrote:
magicFreak wrote:

Cheers,

Paul

magicFreak wrote:

Here's the link ^

So far so good. But I am a bit confused now. Which forum are we going to use from here on out?

After a bit of bother I was able to sign into the 'imagicos' PoenixOS formum. But is it to be active or just an archive?

Paul

This forum is the new replacement forums, the link magicfreak gave you allows us to retrieve whatever we want from those forums and post it here. I removed the link so people dont get confused, and magicfreak agreed it is confusing. I will be moving those post here in an archive like Linspire did when they changed over to freespire.

Ray Very Happy
kenh
kenh
http://www.linuxinternationals.org/phpBB3

Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:07 pm
I followed the link that was posted on Linux Internationals to get here. (I'm one of the 3 admins there). Searching for "PhoenixOS" on google just brings up a bunch of old sites. Apparently there was an attempt at a PhoenixOS about 1995 that comes up. I probably would not have found this forum without the link. Hope to try out this distro when I get a chance.

Regards,
Ken
Quake3DeathGod

Mon May 03, 2010 10:33 pm
GEEZE guys, it is hard to find this place! I was digging a couple of days ago and found an old release of phoenix, and came up with the Bob user, and didnt know the password. I've been looking for two days to get here, and am downloading the march release now.
How I found it was googling a linspire replacement, and came across the term firehawk, which lead me to the old website. On page about 6 or so, there is a off chance mention of the laptop being lost, which lead me to here!
Is this the old linspire team? Its been YEARS!!!! I'm glad I found the site, hope to hang out here a while!

Q3DG
Admin
Admin
Admin

Tue May 04, 2010 2:47 pm
Quake3DeathGod wrote:GEEZE guys, it is hard to find this place! I was digging a couple of days ago and found an old release of phoenix, and came up with the Bob user, and didnt know the password. I've been looking for two days to get here, and am downloading the march release now.
How I found it was googling a linspire replacement, and came across the term firehawk, which lead me to the old website. On page about 6 or so, there is a off chance mention of the laptop being lost, which lead me to here!
Is this the old linspire team? Its been YEARS!!!! I'm glad I found the site, hope to hang out here a while!

Q3DG

Welcome aboard and glad both you and Ken found us! I would like to get on distrowatch when we do final release or at least rc candidate but its expensive I heard, unless they get enough requests then they dont charge; at least thats what I heard.

Ray
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum