PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Updated Roadmap - Page 2 Empty Re: Updated Roadmap

Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:26 pm
hqlinux wrote:
Admin wrote:
LinuXFroG wrote:Ray, you ever gonna use that site I set up for you? If not, it's all good.

Yeah I might, still figuring out whats gonna happen here, cuz I want to get the freespire forums when they expire but they are hosted on xandros server so might just get the domain name and have it forwarded to here or your forum; still thinkin what to do.

Thanks

Ray

Would you be getting ALL the threads and posts if you take over the Freespire forums???

Just curious... since several of my threads have mysteriously disappeared over there... Shocked

Harvey

Yes if I can get access to the backups, unfortunately everything is stored on Xandros Server, as Ken pointed out Xandros hosts the forums on their server Crying or Very sad

But I am not giving up yet; might be a way to resurrect the removed post by restoring from a backup assuming one was done at all.

Ray What a Face
Al

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:05 am
I'm of the opinion that the best you can hope for is the name. I cant see Xandros handing over the actual content as that could involve data protection issues (at least it would over this side of the pond), could be wrong though - it has been known!

Is there still a way to access the old Linspire forums?
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:35 am
Hobz wrote:I'm of the opinion that the best you can hope for is the name. I cant see Xandros handing over the actual content as that could involve data protection issues (at least it would over this side of the pond), could be wrong though - it has been known!

Is there still a way to access the old Linspire forums?

I am not quite sure what you mean "data protection"... The forums and their content was anything from helping people with their technical problems, to rants and raves, to plain common chit chat... There were no "state secrets" as far as I know, other than the Insider forums, but even there I wouldn't care if those were opened up to the "public" for all to see.

There are entire threads missing from there though... Selective re-write of history, in my opinion, but what can you do??? I would even like the Community Board forums opened to the "public"... That way everyone would see what went on behind the scenes, somewhat.

Harvey
S3Indiana
S3Indiana
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:46 am
Hobz wrote:I'm of the opinion that the best you can hope for is the name. I cant see Xandros handing over the actual content...
Agree, given Xandros history I would be surprised if they release the forum database (let alone the software is proprietary, so a purchase would be required to access the database)...
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:36 pm
S3Indiana wrote:Agree, given Xandros history I would be surprised if they release the forum database (let alone the software is proprietary, so a purchase would be required to access the database)...

Do you know who removed my threads over there???

Harvey
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum