PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
old tech
old tech

Admin  Ray   I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers Empty Admin Ray I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers

Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:12 am
Admin... Ray.... I have a PNY nvidia Quadro 4 700XGL. I can not find Win 7 drivers for it and I don't know about linux yet. Have you ran into that problem? It's a nice looking video card even has a fan on the IC. I hate to through it away.
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Admin  Ray   I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers Empty Re: Admin Ray I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers

Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:15 am
old tech wrote:Admin... Ray.... I have a PNY nvidia Quadro 4 700XGL. I can not find Win 7 drivers for it and I don't know about linux yet. Have you ran into that problem? It's a nice looking video card even has a fan on the IC. I hate to through it away.

Well I hate to have to be the bearer of bad news: but I dont see any drivers for Windows 7 either and Linux doesnt apparently support this card-on the nvidia site it saids this is an old unsupported card. You could fire up PhoenixOS Lucid, install it. Do sudo apt-get update then sudo aptitude full-upgrade, then run restricted manager allow the nvidia drivers to install then cross your fingers and reboot.

Let me know how you make out.

Ray What a Face
old tech
old tech

Admin  Ray   I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers Empty Re: Admin Ray I have a PNY nvidia Quadro.....Drivers

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm
Thanks Ray,... I was afraid you'd say that.
I'll try the Linux install later.
jpisini
jpisini
Admin
http://cafecomputer.com

Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:21 pm
This is why I stopped using Nvidia my 500gl laptop stopped being supported so I was out of luck. I could do vesa only in a (at the time) high end laptop.
old tech
old tech

Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:01 pm
John.... What Brand of video card do you use?
jpisini
jpisini
Admin
http://cafecomputer.com

Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:04 pm
Right now I am using a mix of ATI and Intel.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum