PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Future Releases Empty Future Releases

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:49 pm
There will probably be one last Lucid release if all goes well, then Maverick will be next.

Ray What a Face
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Future Releases Empty Re: Future Releases

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:11 pm
Are you going to use the 'upgrade" mode, or is this going to require a complete re-format and re-install??? I am using one of the AMD password versions of PhoenixOS (don't remember which number Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ) and it updates fine, but it gives me the option to upgrade to 10.10, which I am reluctant to do.

The version on PhoenixOS that I am using works very well, and I don't want to "mess with success" so to speak. Smile

Harvey
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:26 pm
hqlinux wrote:Are you going to use the 'upgrade" mode, or is this going to require a complete re-format and re-install??? I am using one of the AMD password versions of PhoenixOS (don't remember which number Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed ) and it updates fine, but it gives me the option to upgrade to 10.10, which I am reluctant to do.

The version on PhoenixOS that I am using works very well, and I don't want to "mess with success" so to speak. Smile

Harvey

Not sure yet, but if you did do that upgrade it would trash everything then you would have Ubuntu.

I would like to have rolling releases, closest solution I can find to make this happen is create a script in a tar ball package that would allow it to revert back to phoenixos after the upgrade is finished, but still at the drawing board with that one.
I personally like the karmic and lucid build the best they just work GREAT. Hardy works good but nothing supported for hardy that much anymore.

Ray
hqlinux
hqlinux
Linspire Insider
Linspire Insider

Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 pm
I was sure that if I did the upgrade I would end up with Ubuntu, which I already have on another hard drive. I don't want, nor need that...LOL

Harvey
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum