PhoenixOS/ Linspire & Freespire Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

PhoenixOS Future Empty PhoenixOS Future

Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:49 pm
I am hoping that PhoenixOS will continue in the future. Right now, i get more of a demand in the private sector. I am going to give one more year for user support to increase. I depend on donations and volunteer support testing.

A lot of time and energy goes into each build,, I have people calling my store to help walk them thru installing software on PhoenixOS or how to set up POS in PhoenixOS, i cant count the amount of endless hours i spent helping people and receive ZERO donations and support. Only one person has supported me thru this whole endeavor, and continues to do so to this date. He is a very busy man, Military duty, Family, lfe, and yet he always makes the time and supports this endeavor. This is a labor of love, but when you call my store and get free remote service tech support, and you can not even donate one cent; thats really sad.. I am giving it one more year, I have already lost the website due to lack of donations. If after one year, i have not received any testers, volunteers or financil contributions, I will abandon PhoenixOS and focus on private sector only. I am sorry to have to be firm about this, but even though its a labor of love, i still need help.

Ray
PhoenixOS Creator
Admin
Admin
Admin
https://phoenixos.forumotion.com

PhoenixOS Future Empty PhoenixOS Future

Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:21 am
After careful thought and consideration. PhoenixOS will be for the Private sector only. The reason for my decision, is I have received nothing in donations; yet people call my store to ask for assistance and I help them get their customer software and spend endless hours on the phone with them; they thank me and say they going to donate. I even had one customer pay to fly me over there and set up PhoenixOS on POS systems with Tuxshop and when I get home, still no donations. Its been 2 years straight and no donations.

The new PhoenixOS build is now using ChromeOS as a base; however will only be available to customers in my store or people that are paying. This will go into effect June 1st 2024; unless people start donating and volunteering then I may change my mind.

This started as a way to continue the Linspire Legacy: PhoenixOS: Rising from the ashes...

Thanks to all who did support me and best of luck to all of you...

Raymond Cruz
PhoenixOS Creator
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum